Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer Bash 2005 Adventures of the Sheetmetal Gang

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by CK5, Jun 7, 2006.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Michael always writes such good articles.:thumb:

3. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
  4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Very cool!

HighJack On:
    So I've heard of this "Sheetmetal Gang" in the Lounge and various other posts. What's the story here? The only CK5ers left with sheetmetal? hahaa:haha:
    Well then I got some left...
    [​IMG]
    Moab 2002 Steel Bender

HighJack Off:

See ya in October
    YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMOAB!!!

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

My kinda wheelin Bro!
    look forward to wheelin with ya'll. in 2002 I got to wheel with the AZ boys a bit but I mostly just the guys I cravaned with..wich was GREAT too! The one trail we did do with most everyone was Steel Bender..when Fred(FWP) still had sheetmetal & Marv too..
    I forgot who the kid was in the Pick-up (rust color) truck but he got lost trying to find the group and was about to roll over/slide off a cliff :doah: when we found him..I winched him out of the danger zone and got him back on the trail! No one gets left behind! Can't remember who he was with?

Good Time ahead for sure! Moab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bow:

6. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

:whistle: I didn't know they had 3.5 to 4 rated trails at the Mall????:whistle:

7. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

LOL

Okay so there I was tired of waiting on the slow people.

My buddy Jack decides that Beck and I should take a quick trip up Moab Rim and catch the rest of the group on Pritchett. Beck and I say sure thing Jack let's go.

Making good time we pass a group of 5 Jeeps on the Z turns as they are struggling to get over the easy line I take the hard line. Make it look like cake and say thanks for letting us pass.:D
    Getting near the top we are laughing and having a good time when Wam!! the buggy stops spins sideways and rips the steering wheel out of my hand. (I think I actually broke a finger but never went to the Doc. so I don't know)
    I instantly grab the can (guess what was in it), that was in my other hand off the floor, shift to reverse and back up a few feet. This is when the right front drops a long ways. So my passenger gets out to look things over. As he gets to the front of the vehicle I notice that I have blown the tire off the bead. No biggie I say and he says yea it is you broke your wheel too. :doah:

So there we are no spare tire, no group, and very bad cell phone service.
    We assess the damage, find the broken knuckle, and then decide that we need to leave the buggy, walk to town and find parts/help.
    This is the time that we realize that the people that I passed were the same one's that we had to walk back by on the way down.
    A quick consultation with our bud Jack,:laugh: grab a beer and water out of the cooler and begin the walk of shame. As we pass the jeeps we get the standard everything okay question. I say no it's broke and we are now walking to town but hey we got beer. They offer help, I ask if they are carrying $500 worth of highly modified rare parts, they say no. We say thanks for the offer and continue down the road. Later we see them stop at the buggy and hear Holy Sh!t they had to have been going 40mph to do this. ( I think it was more like 35mph) :doah:

We get to the pavement and head to town, the AZ boys pass us by so they turn around and take us into town. We say thanks and head to the hotel to get my tow rig and go out to the Rock race while we wait for parts to get into town with my Dad. The group gets out of Pritchett, parts get into town and we go up to fix the buggy that night, it goes smoothly and we make it to town for dinner with everyone.

Good Night all.

8. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Photo of said fix:

[​IMG]

I had fun :D Even though I managed to wedge my truck between a very large boulder and a ledge due to talking with James and not paying attention to where I was going :(

9. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Okay I found the group I need to hang with!!! Protect the body (Shwarzeneggar voice).

Too bad it got an owwiieee on old chinaman's.

PC300025.JPG

10. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Nice truck! You can count on it if I'm there.
    Although I did get one scratch on my truck when I hit that speed bump and caught a stop sign at the mall.................:surepal:
    :D

11. eeyore

eeyore Registered Member

I highly recommend anyone considering attending blazer bash,do it!I hate to admit,i was one of the people who showed up and wasnt regestered.i didnt eat at the meet and greet, but i bought some raffle tickets and won a hat and mug(thanks ord and tuffy)!the sheetmetal gang took me under their wing and took good care of me.now im hooked.lowrider,desert rider,stormtrooper and buddy,and paxx all really went out of their way to help me out.i didnt get to meet all,but everyone i did meet was awesome.lm looking forward to this year.i really owe you guys,maybe dinner,beer, help,whatever i can do.i have a new ride about ready so i should be better prepared this year,i can leave the shiny one in the garage this trip.getting in the magazine was a definate bonus i would never even have dreamed of.thanks again.ill get some pics up asap.as you can tell i dont spend a lot of time on the computer.