Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer Bash is less than 3 DAYS away.....

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by stallion85, Sep 13, 2005.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

And I haven't touched my rig since mid August!!!! Everything is running right, I just want to go through and tighten everything down and tie up a few loose ends like my winch and cb?!?! I have been helping my bud get his Jeep ready for BB and have been neglecting my rig :haha:

Soooo who else has been procastinating??

Last edited: Sep 27, 2005
  2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I have ONE slider on right now , the 28 spline carrier I bought months ago sitting on the bench , and my rear bumper sitting on the garage floor ......... I could be done soon if I wasn't webwheeling and watching Baseball :wink1:

3. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Ummm, let's see...need to:

-Finish building flatbed
    -Paint flatbed
    -Bolt the sucker on
    -Get manual door guts from the junkyard so I can operate my windows
    -Pickup some u-joint straps and a spare rear driveshaft from the junkyard
    -fix my TWO exhuast leaks
    -Get my OBA back together and wired so I can actually use it
    -Install tranny temp. gauge so I don't burn 'er up going over the mountains
    -Hopefully will have time to install my lund visor, interior grab handles, dash, radio, and center console.

:doah: :screwy:

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Well, that's done. Well, mostly. :wink1:
    [​IMG]

5. seandiego619

seandiego619 Registered Member

i just had to roll my first gen before Blazer bash

I so wish i was going again, not enough time to repair my roll over. Hell im haveing a hard enough time finding a donor blazer. i bashed in the left side and bent the left windshield post down almost flat. I may just build a windshield frame and incorportate it into a full cage. But first im going to finaly fix the steering and throttle controls that got me into the trouble in the first place because it couldn't possible have been my driving skills.http://coloradok5.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1310541#

Take care you Guys and have fun. Ill see you next year!

rolled13.jpg

6. pauly383

Oh man that is terrible luck :(

7. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Your driving skills looked good enough last year when you hammered it on top of potatoe salad hill. Darn it that you rolled it. It's a nice 1st gen.

8. FWP

FWP CRS

:eek1: :eek1: :eek1: Damn Sean , that's really unfortunate. It was good wheelin with ya in Moab. Anyway, post up the details on what happened, were you hurt?

9. seandiego619

seandiego619 Registered Member

Thanks Guys!. It was great to see the arizona crew respond and remind me of potato salad. I really had a great time wheelin with you guys that day.

Ok, with that said. here's the story. I climbed up to a 4100 foot mountain called "bronco Peak" (apparently it had something against blazers...hey man, a wider track is more stable though.) and it was a great view. Then it was time to go down the other side. The trail book said this trail had roll over potential so take your time and you'll be alright (yeah...whatever...im invincible). Actually compared to moab, it really wasnt to bad. It is a dirt trail going down with decent sized bolders to walk over. Anyways, im walking over the bolders and then i stop. Im off camber and gravity wont roll the tires over, so i gave it a little gas.....Oh ****...just stop will ya....after the left front tire bonced over the second bolder, it then dug in, but apperntly the rear end wanted to keep going. I felt it come over so i leaned in. The crash came and then, get this, the stereo turned on all by its self and sang "...your going to pay the price....willing to sacrafice..." it was the song from foreiner "Cold as Ice". I was trippin on that as i crawled out from underneath the blazer, as well as my blazer being belly up of course. Anyways, i was alright and nobody hurt. Luckily i just installed a wench and got it back on its feet and finished the day. It was an epic day for me and i still remember driving home on the freeway with my goggles on and a humble smile.

10. pauly383

Leaving next Wed nite . Pass slider just needs the supports and paint . Got to really go over everything this weekend . I am getting really anxious :D

11. mrk5

I had one fall out completely a while back also.

I've still gotta make some modifications to my rear bumper and help B_to_C put the finishing touches on his flatbed.

I'm hoping to have some new Warn Prem. hubs installed, but I may have to just bring them along as spares for now.

12. stallion85

Well today I cut the exhaust off from the muffler back since the tips were rock rashed anyways (now they are not in the way anymore :D ). I also stripped a D44 today for the axle shafts, diff cover, tie rod, and flat top knuckles for my bud. Still have to borrow friends pressure washer and degrease the under carriage. Fix my lights and change winch solenoid :doah:

13. FWP

FWP CRS

What you meant to say :haha: J/K

Glad to hear you're ok Sean, sheetmetal can be replaced, as well as tube steel in it place :D

14. stallion85

Well today I got my Warn solenoid from a local Warn Dealer and installed it on the winch, haven't tested it yet :rolleyes: . Just ordered a yoke guard from Kert at DIY4X4. Hopefully it gets here in time for BB :o

Tomorrow morning heading to the J/Y for some spare drivelines....hopefully I come home with some spares......after that should be just a matter of checking all the nuts and bolts for proper tightness and counting the hours down to the road trip. Google maps say it is about a 9 1/2 hour drive from Vegas :doah:

15. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

If youre driving a Delta 88 and have blue hair.

16. pauly383

Saturday is the finish it up day . Getting closer . I am thinking of putting a hasp on the beer cooler so I don't have to undo straps to get a frosty drink out :D

Was thinking of doing the rear brakes since its been awhile , but I see plenty above the rivets and the cables stopped the truck pretty good . Fronts are a few months old tops .

I am getting antsy , wanna get away and see those with the same affliction ;)

17. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

HA I think Thursday night (sept 29) is going to be my "finish it up" day :crazy:

18. pauly383

I still have to wash the dirt off the underside , grease everything with a zerk , check the u-bolts , top off the locked end , check the tire pressure , remove my trim rimgs and caps , check oils , and pack the coolers and camping crap .

All this tommorrow night while still going to dinner with my inlaws , and spending time with the one who let me go :wink1:

19. mrk5

I have to do all that too, plus finish my rear bumper mods and get it back on the truck. :doah:

20. stallion85

Well today I rotated my tires, torqued my u bolts (good thing, they weren't exactly up to specs :eek1: ), attached my tow bar for flat tow, tightened up the crossmember, and checked steering components. Oh and the other day I put a new Warn solenoid on my winch, I actually tested it.....so it is operable now :D Was going to try and get some 37x14x16 Iroks before the trip, but decided I didn't want to get into any more debt this year on my K5 :o Maybe after the tax return :rolleyes:

Only thing left to do is wash the tow rig and pack up all the tools, spare parts, fluids, luggage, kids, etc. etc. :doah: