Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer Blitzkrieg

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by greywolf, Jun 25, 2002.

1. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

this is probably old but DAMN you guys look goodin print!!!
    just my fourwheeler mag thumbing through and WHAM!mudzer on a rock looking mean /forums/images/icons/grin.gif man you guys look nice (K-5s)
    18 rigs,thats nice....... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Old...I haven't even seen the article yet except for a scanned copy. It was a lot of fun and Neil "Mudzer" did a great job of organizing it. We had a great group of people and had an enjoyable day.

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I got it in the mail today and it mentions both ck5.com and missouri offroad. And yeah, it does look good.
    I think Steve's 85 is the cleanest looking k5 I've ever seen.
    -- Mike

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

What month was this in?

5. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

August 2002 Fourwheeler /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

i usualy catch the tail end of these things,glad to see i wasn't this time /forums/images/icons/grin.gif whish i was there /forums/images/icons/frown.gif is there another one coming up?

7. AussieK5

AussieK5 1/2 ton status

Ha...I just got the June copy /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Maybe they sent it the wrong way around...hehehe.... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

9. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

We always have 2 Major runs a year in the Midwest K5 Thing series runs. Spring and Summer. Last year we had a Fall run but did not writeup a trip report nor did we have decals designed. I will be planning a run soon after my drivetrain swap. I promise to update my website soon with the information. Thanks for the compliments. Its great to hear from people on these boards - expecially when I put so much into organizing. Takes many hours of phone calls, emails and HTML code. The thing not mentioned in the magazine was - we had Sponsors for this event who donated prizes to the drivers. Our K5 runs grow each year and I hope to continue the growth.

10. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ohhhh Yaaaaaaa!!
    I just got mine last night and i was so excited to see people I know( well indirectly in cyber space) I showed it too my wife and she just looked at me like I am nuts!!hehehehe
    I think it is totaly cool that we(CK5) are getting into print. In a mag that I have been getting sence 93 when I bought my K5!!
    Great job guys!!!
    PS We Cali Big Dawgs are haveing our 3rd BlazerFest this weekend so keep your eyes pealed for upincomming pics!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Rock ON

11. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

my wife said that she was sorry i couldn't go lastime,but if i got my driveway 4x4 running that might help.... /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

12. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Yes.. I just got mine today..
    Neil.. great job.. I'm going to attend the next one if it's in Disney Oklahoma again.
    Man.. it made me feel damn good to see all those K5's on the few pages they featured in the mag..
    And all those Blazers/Jimmys sporting the Coloradok5.com windshield stickers.. wooo hoooo.. great publicity.
    Watch out.. I think the Blazer Craze is going to catch on even more now...
    /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

13. Mudzer

It would be great to see some Texan's show up! Disney is not that far from y'all. We will be going to Disney sometime this summer again. Im going to attack some trails with a vengance!!! /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

The trails at Disney are pretty wild! Just ask any of the attendees. Where the photos were shot was the easy stuff!

14. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Woo Hoo!!!!! Finally got my mag. Granted I didn't get my picture in there doing anything (stock at the time '86), but I did get mentioned for the first trail damage. I'm a star!!! LMAO /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

John

15. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

You're welcome /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I waas reading that last night and cringed all over again about that 1/4 panel and your bumper. You and your wife took it like champs though.

Great write-up, I'm ready for another trip up there.

Thanks for the hard work Neil

16. Mudzer

No problem guys. I want our runs to be professional and fun. I think we accomplished both. Now, I need to write a trip report to make the sponsors happy. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

I scanned the Article, check it out.

Blazer Blitzkrieg!

17. SkulzNBonz

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif No problem. As for the wife, she just looks at me and shakes her head. LOL!!! I finally got a lift under that thing to hopefully lower the chances of something like that happening again. It did give me a good excuse of chopping that quarter panel off ala Steve Fox and numerous others. I look at breakage/damage as all part of the deal. If you don't come back from wheelin' with some kind of "battle damage" you weren't doing anything!!!!

John

18. Mudzer

Actually, you have it all wrong John. A lift increases your chance of body damage because now you will try even harder stuff!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

19. SkulzNBonz

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif I have to agree LOL!!!

20. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Let me know when. I would of went but was working on the doubler install and tons of other mods. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif