Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

blazer body on truck frame

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big dan, Sep 11, 2006.

1. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ive found lots of threads on putting a truck cab on a blazer frame but not a blazer body on a truck frame. Ive got an 84 pickup that Ive shortened to a 110" wheelbase and I recently found a 73 complete body with very little damage and no rust that I can get real cheap and would like to put the body on my frame. from what I can tell the only mods I will have to make is to move the rear cab mounts to the outside of the frame. I know the frames are a little different at the back so will there be any other problems or will it just be the body mounts? thanks

2. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

you are going to end up with several different height body lift blocks to make it work. what is wrong with the blazer frame? why not swap running gear instead. bodies are heavy an awkward. I swapped a regular cab with a boom truck and would have avoided it if I could have. If you do it post pics.

3. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

the blazer doesnt have a frame, its just a body sitting in a guys yard. do you know what size and how many blocks I need? I know its a lot to ask but it would be easier to have the blocks ready then have to make them on the spot. and there will be plenty of pics, when I bought this truck it was a long bed so Ive got plenty of pics to put up.

4. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I would get a 3" or so body lift kit that comes with plastic blocks. Then it's easy to cut them to the length you need there on the spot.