Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer Cap parts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Joe Gisler, May 23, 2006.

1. Joe Gisler

Joe Gisler Newbie

Can anyone point me to rear hatch hardware for 1969 K5 Blazer? Specifically I need posts that bolt to cap and body on each side, where the hatch locked. Also any parts from inside the hatch, rods, latches, etc. would be a welcome find. I am intesested too, if anyone has a complete hatch (glass not necessary) with hardware. I can also be reached privately at gislerhj@mchsi.com
    Thanks

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Good luck on that...

The usual suspects like ChevyDuty, LMC and Early Classic Enterprises have SOME of the parts needed to restore the old tops, but there are some items that NOBODY makes a repro item for.

Hatch guts are one of those areas where you're unlikely to find parts (except by buying other hatches or complete tops). The rear support rods/slides are also reported to be as rare as hen's teeth.

When it comes to certain 1st Gen K5 parts, there are some items that take forever to find. I've gotten lucky and found some rare carpet holdowns, and some interior trim that I wanted....but I've been on the lookout for the last couple of years.

3. Joe Gisler

Joe Gisler Newbie

Greg,
    Thanks for the info. It's appreciated.