Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BLAZER DIESEL QUESTIONS

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by JORGE, Mar 24, 2001.

1. JORGE

JORGE 1/2 ton status

VITORIA-GAZTEIZ(ALAVA)BASQUE COUNTRY,SPAIN
    Well, i,ve gone to pick-up my Blazer today.i,ve drove it about 200Km(133miles) to my home.The travel has been good,by the higway,the wind blowed strong in front of me,i went about 76mph,i,ve started the travel with the full fuel tank,and i ,ve arrived without the last levelmeter mark(almost full).Ok no?
    The start plugs light,turned shine and back to off all the way,the water in fuel light shone weakly,when the engine went in the minium r.p.m,(????)
    And the tempereature gauge?A big mistery.It went between the 200 and the 250 deegres,about the midle of the gauge.
    Well i,ve stoped,in the midle of the way,for have a cooffe in a bar.Later i,ve continued the way ,the temp hasn,t passed to 100-110 deegres,until i,ve arrived to my home.Is all this normal??
    Please ,give me your opinion.Thanks.
    Jorge,Spain.

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I don't know anything about the diesel Blazers. Thats why I come to this section is because I am tring to learn about them. The temp guage does not sound good though. It might be a bad sending unit but not sure.
    Anyhow congrats on the Blazer and good luck with it.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html>http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html</A>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails[​IMG]</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Wayne</font color=blue>

3. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

No the temp doesn't sound right. It a little high at first, then too low. Quick & easy just replace the thermostat (use a Robertshaw 180F if you can find that manufacturer) see if stabilizes. You should drain the fuel filter to see if the Water-In-Fuel light goes out. Better yet replace the filter, and bleed it properly.

4. JORGE

JORGE 1/2 ton status

No,excuse me ,i was wrong.The temp at first went between 150-200,no 200-250,sorry.Then,yes,it didn,t arrive to 150 in all the travel.The last owner gave to me a new Diesel filter with his support,wires ,etc.I,ll check to change it.Another question ,what is the usual oil pressure in run?Mine never pass to the first mark in the gauge,and the engine is perfect.
    I think the gauge ,or the sensor in the oil circuit is damaged
    what do you think about?Thanks friends.

5. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Congratulations Jorge!!

I will try to help you also. I am no diesel mechanic though. [​IMG]

*Well, i,ve gone to pick-up my Blazer today.i,ve drove it about 200Km(133miles) to my home.The travel has been good,by the higway,the wind blowed strong in front of me,i went about 76mph* <font color=red>If you pushed the old girl upp to 76mph there's your reson for high temprature at first. </font color=red>,i,ve started the travel with the full fuel tank,and i ,ve arrived without the last levelmeter mark(almost full).Ok no?<font color=red>again 76mph!</font color=red>
    The start plugs light,turned shine and back to off all the way<font color=red> Probably a sender or bad glow-plug relay. Not expensive</font color=red>,the water in fuel light shone weakly,when the engine went in the minium r.p.m,(????)<font color=red>Change the fuelfilter on the firewall</font color=red>
    And the tempereature gauge?A big mistery.It went between the 200 and the 250 deegres,<font color=red>75mph in a diesel!!? NO GOOD</font color=red>about the midle of the gauge.
    Well i,ve stoped,in the midle of the way,for have a cooffe in a bar.Later i,ve continued the way ,the temp hasn,t passed to 100-110 deegres,until i,ve arrived to my home.Is all this normal??

<font color=red> hope I could help a litle</font color=red>

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com>http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com</A>

6. JORGE

JORGE 1/2 ton status

Why no good 75mph??The car went in fourth gear,in litlle r.p.m,it runs really,really great.I don,t understand why you say this,is not an excessive speed for this truck,i think.
    Ah!When i say the "last mark in the fuel meter",i mean, it only eats a eight tank part in 133miles,is good,no?
    Other thing,here none Diesel has the water in fuel light,is not necessary,the fuel is in the maximun quality.Why the american Diesels has this light?.Is usual the water in fuel presence?
    Please let me know,thanks.

7. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Naw, 75 mph isn't too bad with 3.08 gears. Just remember fast speeds drop you milage proportionally. The water-in-fuel light was for us Amercians not fully versed in diesels. All diesels (I've seen) have some method of seperating and purging water (read: CONDESATION) from the fuel system. Water is not only bad for operating, and for the injection pump but will erode injection tips in short order!