Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

blazer divider?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazeonchevy, Jan 14, 2006.

1. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

hey well i wasnt quite sure what to name the thread so ill explain i was wondering if anyone makes a divider for when you take the top off. something that bolts to the back of the cab where the top mounts to. with a back window and everything. so i can have a blazer when i need it and a pickup when i need that. if not i plan on making something. if anyone knows if someone makes this or anything that would be great. thanks.

sam

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I think your going to have to fab up something yourself in that respect.

3. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

Are you thinking of something like this:

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-14286_terra_comp_1_2_cab_with_bulkhead-fiberglass.htm

It's for a 66-77 Bronco, because true half-cabs are rare as hen's teeth, and predictably pricey. I wonder if that company (Terra Comp) might ever consider making something similar for the early full-convertible Blazers. They mostly do Broncos, Jeeps, and LandCruisers, but if they got enough requests and thought there might be a market for such a product...

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

US Body Source or whatever they're called sells a half-top like that for the full-verts, but no lower divider, bulkhead, whatever you wanna call it. I've seen some home-made ones here.

I think you'd need some sheetmetal skills, but the back of a pickup cab seems the logical place to start.

-- A