Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

blazer floor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by berg76, May 30, 2004.

1. berg76

berg76 1/2 ton status

I know you can buy the replacment panels and tailpan from numerous sources, but I cannot find an entire rear replacment floor for my blazer. Doesnt someone make them?? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

~jason

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

GM use to make a full floor. They are scarce these days. I got one at dealer cost in 98 and it was close to $500. I'd say call the dealer and ask if there are any in warehouses.

The half panels wont do you much good unless only half the floor has a hole. The supports on the under would have to be saved somehow. If you where going to piece in sections I would think you would have to cut out the rusty spots and lay the other metal over the top. I didn't like that idea since most of the supports in my project truck where rusted through, so I ripped it all out and started from scratch with a subframe and all that jazz. I have a ton of pics in the body shop but its not for everyone... I had a little bit of money and a lot of time /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I've got a whole floor from a '73, it's in decent shape, no major rust.

5. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

Try www.autobodyspecialt.com I bought the complete gm bed assembly in y2k for around $500 ..They are located in middlefield ct /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. berg76

berg76 1/2 ton status

Ive read your 'Rusty Bucket' write up on replacing the floor. I like the idea of replacing it with heavy guage steel.

I have the tools to build my own floor. But im having issues with welding sheetmetal. I have a clarke 130EN without gas. It does awesome on steel thicker than about a 1/16th but I blow holes in anything less. Im using .030 flux wire. I'm gonna get a bottle and some .023 mig wire and give that a shot.