Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer Frame, Muscle Car Body??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Seventy4Blazer, Jul 27, 2001.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

I am thinking about getting a 69 Chevelle body or 68-70 Camaro Body for my blazer frame... anyone like the idea? i have seen a few Chevelles and Camaros like this, but normaly only with 35'' tires. it would be on 39.5 inch tires...
    any comments? i love the looks, and my fovorite car is a 69 chevelle. why not have both? if i decide to do it anyone looking for a 74 blazer tub in good condition?

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. lots of plans for it....
    but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in so cali if ya got any parts for me.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Seventy4Blazer on 07/27/01 10:09 PM.</FONT></P>

2. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

NO for the love of god please dont put a car body on a blazer frame, please please please!!!!

3. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

I am always one to be different, and I love muscle cars and Blazers, but I wouldn't do it. Why don't you just do 2 different projects and make a bada$$ Blazer and a bada$$ Chevelle? I'd hate to see you get rid of a '74 Blazer body. Just my .02

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chriswhitley.com>www.chriswhitley.com</a>

4. Neil

Neil 1/2 ton status

If I were you I would find a car/Blazer already done like that so you will not be the one to destroy a K5 and have tyhat on your concious.hehehe.A guy here in Dothan,AL has a 69 Camaro w/ 427, Muncie M21 4 speed, and 35s tires on it. It looks OK I guess. it definitely turns heads!!

Neil H.. Alabama.. '78 K5 400ci 4x4 AT,AC,PW Cheyenne. '74 C10 3spd/floor 250ci 4x2

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

well, i got 3 responses, 2 definate no's and one i would do it but this way. i dont have the cash to build 2 projects right now, but who does? dont answer that you will just make me beg for cash. : )
    some day i will have a chevelle and a blazer, but right now i just have a blazer.
    thanks for the input... Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. lots of plans for it....
    but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in so cali if ya got any parts for me.

6. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Locally there is a 70s Trans AM on a custom frame and 44s. there is also a (get this) a karman ghia on a custom frame on 44s, there used to be a giant pink caddy on 44s ( i think a burb frame) and finally a Late Z28 on a Blazer frame. The ghia was built by a guy I was an accquiantance (sp) of in high school. He was an older ( 45ish at the time ) guy that worked for the guy that built The old Chi Town Hustler Nissan monster truck. they also had Blu thunder which was a 67-8 camaro monster truck. Chi Town was also called Alien earlier in its life. He was friends w/ one of the Dabneys who is still active in monster truck racing. I also remember long long ago a pinto body on a cj5 frame!! At 1 point my dad tried to convince me to put a different body on our cj5 because it was in such rough shape. I talked him outta that, and we patched it up enuff to last a few more yrs.

Out of 100,000 sperm, YOU were the fastest?? [​IMG]

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

There is a Mercedes Benz Body on a Blazer frame for sale in my area right now. I have also run accross a Triamph sptifire on a shorted Balzer frame areound here also.
    I'd make a custom tube rock buggy before I put a car on a 4wd frame personaly. Keep the fire wall and windsheild from the K5 so I could still register it as a blazer.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>

Grim-Reaper

8. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

I still like the idea of a Pinto on a 4x4 frame!!![​IMG]

Chad

9. chevyboy24598

chevyboy24598 1/2 ton status

Heres a link for 1! http://www.geocities.com/od4wdc/marchpic.html scroll down the page some

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.pinelanemuddbogg.com> pinelane </a>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bodatious.com> bodatious </a>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudboggingfun.homestead.com> my site </a>

10. FARTMAN

FARTMAN 1/2 ton status

hey now thats sounds like that would be right up my stinking alley go fer it dude!!!

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I've never seen one of these that wasn't a redneck contraption. Some guy around here has a CHEVETTE on 38s. It looks stupid.

Personally I'm not worried about you wasting a K5, I couldn't care less. You're wasting a classic american muscle car that I'd love to have and restore/drag race.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

12. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> That gives me an idea on what to do with the Impala ..................No seriously..............DON'T DO IT !!!!!!! That's just wrong !!

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

13. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Do it man Do it!!! Lastyear year while in Mcook Nebraska I saw a 51 cadillac on a k-10........SWEET! It was black with a flame job and big ole mud tires. It was in a salvage yard if anyone would have been there i would have considered a purchase on it.

1985 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4 sierra classic. 1970 cuda 440 6 pack executive edition steering column shift.

14. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I was thinking about doing this a few months ago with an '88 Camaro when I picked up an old gutted (and I mean gutted) '79 K5. No time/space/money for it right now though... Maybe in a few years...
    It'll probably end up and a show-no-go though. Too little low-visibility from a Camaro to do anything more then streets. Never know til I try, though!!

There's a Caddy limo around me on a Burb frame with a lift nd 3?'s. It's actually looks really cool...

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    **K5 - What more is there to life?**

15. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

My .02, I've seen good, bad, and definately ugly! The big deal is that (most) car bodies have teenie wheel wells which mean the conversion will have to be lifted to ridiculous heights. I would hate to see some decent street iron cobbed into a four wheel drive. But maybe something worthless to begin with... 4x4 Checker Marathon anyone?

Real trucks don't have spark plugs!