Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer half cab conversion?

Discussion in 'The Body Shop' started by dakotafxst, Feb 15, 2005.

1. dakotafxst

dakotafxst Registered Member

Has anyone done a half cab conversion to their 76-91 Blazer? Im looking for some pics as well as company's that offer conevrsion kits? Here is a pic of the kind of kit I'm looking for.
    Later,
    Chad

blaze2in.jpg

2. flatline

flatline 1/2 ton status

I thought about doing this to my K5 before I bought my truck, I was going to use 3/4" plywood and fiberglass it myself, a quick coat of paint and a piece of glass from the automotive glass shop and your in business.

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

there was one on ebay awhile back used that i posted about.. it was quite old... i had never seen one before..

4. dakotafxst

half cab conversion

Do you remember the title on your post? Or how about a link to the auction? Just curious to see what it looked like?

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i just went thru my posts and can't find it... i'm not even sure what title i used so i can't even search it. pretty sure it was on the old forum format.. it was a while ago, prolly oct or nov, so the auction is long gone...

it wasn't in great shape, had a couple cracks and whatnot, but neat none the less. thus my post on it.. a few here had seen em, but nobody replied saying they had done it...

iirc, it went fairly cheap...

6. 79blzrfan

79blzrfan Registered Member

I asked this question a couple of months ago and someone in the 73-91 forum has one that he purchased and posted some pictures of it for me. I am doing this to mine right now and I'm in the process of collecting the parts to do the whole truck. I cut the back of the cab off a 77 pickup and I will graft it on the bed side of the truck and line the bed with diamond plate were the original interior panels go and then I'm replacing the Blazer tailgate with a truck tailgate. Hopefully I'll have it done sometime this year.

I found the old message it was done on 10-20-04 in the 73-91 section

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  7. dakotafxst

any pics?

So do you have any pics of the progress of your project? Just tryin to get some ideas right now. I really like the idea of a removable kit. That way it can be unbolted in the summer time.
    Later,
    Chad

8. 79blzrfan

79blzrfan Registered Member

I havn't started cutting up the Blazer yet. I'm in the process of getting all the parts for the body together first. I've got the body lift and the poly body mounts and I've got half of the sheetmetal parts so far to fix the floors and bed. The motor and trans has been rebuilt and the t-case is next on the list. I for sure will take lots of pictures as I go along.

Scott

9. FlatBackBlazer

FlatBackBlazer Registered Member

Been there done that ! LOL [​IMG]

10. balterbuilt

balterbuilt 1/2 ton status

screw the wood, go soft top.... we mad ethis POS and it works AWESOME and looks decent---ish

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

from the inside
    [​IMG]