Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

blazer hardtop on a 74 sub?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by calcide, Dec 30, 2001.

1. calcide

calcide 1/2 ton status

Has anybody seen or tried this? I'm thinking about trying it on mine, it's no beauty queen and some things are easier to haul in a pickup bed. This way I can have my pickup bed and still have something dry and big enough to camp in.

Plus it would scare the neighbors!

<font color=red>When in doubt, empty the magazine. </font color=red>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/calcide>http://www.geocities.com/calcide</a>
    1983 K5 Blazer Silverado, 6.2L Diesel

2. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

yep, this is an age old discussion that pops up once in a while.... I thought about doing it to mine, but never really had the heart to chop the roof off.... one of the guys said he did one for someone, by welding the bed rails from a blazer onto the suburban, and mounting the top to that... from what he said `I charged him 2500 dollars, an would never do it for that little again'

perhaps chop the top, put in the rollbars, and then get a soft top? I've thought about that one with the grey truck... cut the doors into some sort of wierd adaptation of blazer 1/2 doors, or heck, just take the glass out of them, and have a simple single piece of canvas as a bikini style top...

now you got me thinking about my stretched Limo burb again.... :-P

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

3. calcide

calcide 1/2 ton status

Maybe I'll do the bikini top thing. A BIG bikini top. I'm not too worried about cutting this one, there isn't a good piece of sheetmetal left on it.

<font color=red>When in doubt, empty the magazine. </font color=red>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/calcide>http://www.geocities.com/calcide</a>
    1983 K5 Blazer Silverado, 6.2L Diesel

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

if you do, get some pictures of it... I was also contemplating turning mine into an Avalanche, but so far the general consensus was `keep the top on: you'll appreciate it a lot more when you take it camping in the rain'

good luck with the project,

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

hmmm... a 4 door jimmy. that's great. i'd love to try that. but not with my sub it's too pretty, i'll get an ugly one.

LOOK OUT MOAB, HERE COMES THE SUB!!!!!
    scott,
    1989 GMC suburban 3/4t 4" lift rollin on 36" swampers, tbi350, th350, np241

6. vince13

vince13 1/2 ton status

i am thinknig of doing this too. i am planning on fabing in a blazer hard top onto the back of my burban. i want to do it so i can tox a big 5 wheel style car trailer as well. just pull the tailgate and you got a regular pick up. i also want to lift my big tandum axle 5 wheel trailer and put it on 44 to tow my other big blazer around. mind you the suburban is also getting 44's too so the trailer will match the truck height. any thought guys. and no i don't give a s@7t about the body cause it is already destroyed(i rolled it on x-mas day.)

73 Blazer 1Ton 6inch lift, 3 inch body, 36 inch swampers
    79 3/4 ton suburban, soon to be 6 inch lift, 3 inch body, and 44 in boggers. Oh ya