Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer height and garage doors, anybody fit?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by avgas, Jun 8, 2004.

1. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

I have a blazer with 4" lift and 35's anybody with a similar setup that can clear a standard garage door? I'm considering making an offer on a condo and I'm not sure if the blazer will fit.

your input is greatly appreciated.

2. namkrow

namkrow 1/2 ton status

I have a 77 blazer with 4" springs and 35" BFG muds. It clears the door pretty easily. (maybe 2 inches)

If you have a canopy door (one piece), you may not fit.
    Sectional (roll up) doors give you almost 7' clear.

-T

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I have 7" lift and run 38's. I clear by about 2".

4. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

guess you guys have bigger garages then me. I have 4 inch lift with 33's and i am nowhere near clearing.

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm considering making an offer on a condo and I'm not sure if the blazer will fit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back and look at it again and bring a tape measure with you. No better way to know than measuring it yourself. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

yeah I will before I make an offer, I just want to get a little more confident before I go through the preapproval process. I won't have a chance to get down there till later in the week.

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I have a 7' opening. I wish it was 8'. If we ever build a house, the garage will have 10' doors for sure!

8. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    guess you guys have bigger garages then me. I have 4 inch lift with 33's and i am nowhere near clearing.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm right there with u man.. i have a 3.5" lift and some 33's, and i cant fit in my new garage.. it sucks /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

9. lason

lason 1/2 ton status

about a 6" lift and 38's and no where near clearing /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

There is enough clearance going into my garage that you could stand on top of the blazer and not hit your head. It's big enough for a monster truck to fit, height and width /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    There is enough clearance going into my garage that you could stand on top of the blazer and not hit your head. It's big enough for a monster truck to fit, height and width /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif is it one of those airplane shops /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

12. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif is it one of those airplane shops /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

No, just a 40 x 60 shop with real big sliding doors on one end...

13. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I can't even walk into my garage without hitting my head. Doesn't help that i'm 6'8

14. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm considering making an offer on a condo and I'm not sure if the blazer will fit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back and look at it again and bring a tape measure with you. No better way to know than measuring it yourself. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The slope of the driveway has alot to do with it too. My new garage is an inch shorter than my old one, but the truck fit in it with an extra inch to spare just because the driveway has slightly more slope to it. The truck fit in either garage with 33s and 7-8" of lift. It's not even close to fitting with the 42s on it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    about a 6" lift and 38's and no where near clearing /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me either.

With 6" of lift, I barely fit with tiny tires on!

I used to fit just barely with 4" and 35s as well.

16. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

hope your's fits. I'm running 11 inches of lift, with 36 inch tires, and theres no way this thing will even come close to fitting even with the tires off its going to be close, I'll have to do something, cuz it is time for blaze to get major overhauls, in the garage /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

17. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

No clearance problems in the garage I built,its on of those quonset hut type steelmaster metal buildings.I didnt like the looks of the sliding "airport hangar"doors it would have came with so I ordered it witout endwalls and put a regular overhead door and wooden endwalls on it,so it would blend in with the residential setting here.The building inspector was hesitant about letting me put a ten foot door on it,he was afraid I would be parking a semi in there,against zoning laws.I convinced him by showing him the blueprints for the stock doors show a ten by twelve foot high door,I only wanted 10 feet high,and told him if I couldnt park my pickup with the slide in camper on it in there,I might as well not have a garage at all.My advice,is get the highest door you can get away with--even at ten feet sometimes I wish it was more,the camper barely squeaks in and I have to block the door open with a block of wood,and thats on stock tires!. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

18. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

HAH, I am not even close!!!!

19. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

I have a 6" with 35's and I fit with 28 PSI in the tires.

20. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

I measured the blazer and it appears to be 6'8" eyeballing the highest spot. I had the selling agent measure the door and it comes in at 7' exactly, so I think I should be ok provided the angle it comes in at isn't too steep, which I don't think it is.

Thanks for all the help everybody. I didn't really want to drive the blazer 30 miles in front wheel drive(grenaded the spiders in my 12b) just to find out!