Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer I saw for sale

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bouncytruck, Dec 9, 2002.

1. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I saw a Blazer ('71 or '72) for sale at the Woodinville Public Auto Auction (basically just a car lot) in Woodinville, WA. Very large red Blazer with a soft top and serious mudder tires. The sales man came out and I asked him what the price was. He said that the owner wanted $15,000 for it. After two seconds of looking at it, I said it is maybe a $4,000 truck. I opened the doors and saw all the rust in the floor boards heading down into the inner rocker panels so I looked under it. The rocker boxes were all rusted out! I looked at the sales man and said, this truck is worth about $2,000. The sad thing is, someone who doesn't know what they should be looking for will pay way too much fo r this POS. If you have any friends in the area looking for a Blazer, don't let them by this thing! I'm always amazed at what some people think their stuff is worth.

2. TheBlazerKid

TheBlazerKid 1/2 ton status

I found a 72 in aberdeen (wa) for 2k it had 14 bolt FF, HD dana 44, 6" supsension with rear blocks 3" body (installed all wrong) 38-11 boggers at about 60% body was pretty beat up, not too bad of rust. I wish i could have bought it for a trail only rig but someone else got hold. oh well. it had its highs and lows I spose