Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer Inspection Issue - Virgina

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RJB44, May 6, 2006.

1. RJB44

RJB44 1/2 ton status

Hi -

I just got back from the local inspection garage and learned that my '91 1500 Blazer was "rejected" because of rust on the frame rails and cab mounts. I was unaware this was an issue. I bought the truck a few months ago as a weekend work around the house vehicile, It looks great, with very minimal visible rust. I just paid $200 to have brand new winshield installed beacuse of a crack and another in $120 in exhaust work. Thought I was all set to get the trucker a valid sticker. Quite surprized when rejected. I looked underneath and there is rusting on the rails and where the mounts are. Question now is, what will something like this cost to get fixed so I can get the truck to pass inspection.

Appreciate any feedback.

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Take it to a different inspection station. Id scrape off that rejection sticker first though that way they dont look down there too. :whistle: :ignore: I really dont see why it would fail unless the whole frame was swiss cheese. When I inspected cars back in highschool the only way something like that would fail was if I could put my feet through the floor or the seatbelt anchors were rusted away. As for the body mounts are they completely rusted, as in the rubber could pull through? I feel sorry for you guys in NOVA, seems like you guys have much stricter inspectors.

3. DirtyJim

DirtyJim 1/2 ton status

inspection issue

i would go to another place and try again. if you want to just get the sticker and fix it later get some steel tape and put it over the hole and spray paint the area. this works it the area isn't too rotted out.

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

hey man, where in NOVA are you?

5. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

wow i would be pissed and would be banned from that station by the time i got done with them

sounds like its one dollar black spray can time

good luck