Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer Interior Panels?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by darrel, Oct 4, 2002.

1. darrel

darrel Registered Member

Do they make reproduction interior door panels for 70-71s without the wood grain trim at the top. Apparently every 70-71 Blazer I have seen has panels that look exactly like 70-71 truck panels everyone sells, but without the chrome/wood trim.

The 67-69 panels are close, but they dont have the bare space at the top. Trying to match as close to stock as possible.

Also does anyone make or sell rear interior bedside panels?

2. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I have seen the repro panels listed in a few catalogs, but I have never actually seen them. Where did you find the ones you are looking at?

3. darrel

darrel Registered Member

I've seen the door panels in almost every 67-72 chevy truck catalog I have (LMC, Classic Ind., Chevy Duty). If you are speaking of the rear panels, I have not seen them personally. Just hear about them on the boards. Heard they were pretty pricey too.

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Suggestion - build your own like these............

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

I got mine at LMC. They are plastic and easy to clean. They have the bare spot at the top like it sounds you are looking for. Here is a pic. http://jt-k5.rockcrawler.com/images/dash-small.jpgI don't have the arm rests or cranks on yet, but you can see if they look right for you.
    JT

6. ta70cst

ta70cst Registered Member

If price is an issue do what i did.. (i am not sure what color you want your interior) Find used interior walls that are in good shape (they can be dirty that is no big deal) and purchase vinel spray paint in the color that you want. Gently clean the used interior walls and repair any rips with Super glue... then carefully spray paint each wall.
    I did this last year and mine acually looked better than the ones I had to buy with the "wood" on top.
    This saved me a ton of money and they look great. I got my vinal spray at checker auto..
    Hope this helps,
    Tom /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

Nice setup. I am actually currently doing a similar setup for my rear panels on my 69 although I am going to Herculne them instead of carpet b/c I keep my top off most of the time and use my truck for trails etc (makes it easy to clean). How is the particle board holding up?

8. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

chevy duty has them.the wood grain thing i think is just a decal you buy seperate.so if you dont want the woodgrain then you can buy just the door panel.

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

No issues with the particle board, but I don't leave the top off and let it get wet either................. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. Bill4rest

Bill4rest 1/2 ton status

I like it, when I get around to finishing the body work I'll be doing the same thing.

11. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

I use a heavy grade particle board. I had the top off all summer with various weather (moisture, direct sun) and had no problems. I'm actually going to redo them once I get my new amp that will go on the opposite side. I post pics then.

12. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I was just looking at the catalog from Pickups Northwest last night and they have "custom" blazer side panels. I think they are mostly targeting the lowered/hot rod crowd. The photo wasn't very good so it is hard to see what they actually look like but they were listed at $299 (may have been $219). I don't think they are on the web site but you can get their phone number there if interested. http://www.pickupsnw.com/ /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif