Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer is getting lifted, have a couple ?s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DesertDueler, Sep 5, 2003.

1. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

How high do I need to lift my truck so the door window bottoms are 6 feet high? My blazer has been broken into twice now and now I am pissed. This time they destroyed the vent window frame. So anyways, what size lift and tires will I need. Also no cutting, to pretty of a paint job.

Dan

2. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

Do the math.

3. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    How high do I need to lift my truck so the door window bottoms are 6 feet high?

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm.... a lot. I can't imagine that would be street legal, either. There must be some other alternative. Alarms, booby traps, etc?

4. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Mine are about that high, /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and it is street legal. So far. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Checked your Webshots... that is one fine Blazer you have!! Very nice! And were those goats in one of the pics? I used to have a little farm here /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif until I decided I'd rather do the truck thing exclusively /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. DesertDueler

It has an alarm, so that is why I still have it. I am just mad that I finally have a really clean blazer, and people wont leave it alone. It is show quality with a 3 stage pearl white paint job. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Dan

7. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Man, I would hafta say 8" susp. + 3" body at the least. Add some big ass tires to that equation as well. Just takin' a shot in the dark....

John

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Just beat on it until it looks like an abandoned vehicle, then nobody will mess with it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>

9. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well thank you! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif They are actually Barbabo Sheep.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I leave my windows open all the time, all people have to do is look at the K5 and they realize theres nothing worth stealing. And mines nice.

11. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

My K5 sits in the yard year around (because I am a looser non-wheeler these days) with the soft top removed - rain, snow, sleet and hail. It is never locked.

My advice: Become a Hick, Move to the Country! "Aint got none of them there alarms". /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Start parking the Firebird outside and the K5 inside. It will be hard to find sympathy with soo many cool toys you have!

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

if he parks the bird outside I will personally go smack him upside the head with a tire iron. Then break into his K5... Yeah nothing says "stay away" like a few motors, transmissions, and various piles of junk(few junk cars too) sitting around your home.

13. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Nobody has tried to steal anything from my Blazer.
    /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    [​IMG]
    Can't figger why, either.

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Actually I worry more now that I have some goodies inside. However, with a soft top there is no good way to lock it. I'm just thankful to live in a town where there's not much crime. The local teens all think the truck is "cool", and they would be the ones to cause the trouble most of the time.

The other Blazer, the one I worry about:
    [​IMG]

Good luck with that. It's rotten that you even have to worry about it.

14. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    How high do I need to lift my truck so the door window bottoms are 6 feet high? My blazer has been broken into twice now and now I am pissed. This time they destroyed the vent window frame. So anyways, what size lift and tires will I need. Also no cutting, to pretty of a paint job.

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]
    That really blows.

If you need any parts, I have a couple driver's doors and a passenger door for parts.

Chris

15. DesertDueler

I will give away the blazer befor I park the firebird outside for someone to steal. Actually the firebird is now sitting in secured storafe at my dads work. I am building the 78 k20 which is in the garage.

16. DesertDueler

Thanks on the offers of the doors, but my insurance company is covering it all under my glass coverage, so I dont have to pay /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif On another note, a buddy of mine thinks he knows who it is(stole his anp and subs), so I need a couple of parts of another projerct /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have 6 and 3 and 38s and my windows still probably aren't quite 6 feet off the ground. I'd say you'd need 12" and 44s to get it that high.

18. DesertDueler

I can see why they woulnt touch that thing /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Anyways, everyone around me thinks my truck is cool, and I always get compliments on it, so I dont know why someone messed with it. My burb never got messed with in my area, but got stolen at a buddies house. I use to leave the windows down it the burb, not lock it, or sometimes leave the keys in it /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif