Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer K5 1987 4x4 6.3 Diesel

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tgkwb, Nov 10, 2005.

1. tgkwb

tgkwb Newbie

Hello,

my car won`t move so I have to take down the transmission (TH700) and the converter. Can someone help me, I need a plan for how I must do this. I`m pretty green on this level. I have someone who will fix it for me, but I have to take it down first. Please if anyone could help I be greatfull.

best regards,

Tor.

Norway

2. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Unbolt the driveshaft U-joints from the pinions, unbolt the front driveshaft from the transfer case. Slide rear slip-yoke out of tranfer case (transfer case will spew). Get jackscrew stands (if on a lift) or a transmission jack, and support the transfer case/transmission. Unbolt the crossmember and remove it. Unbolt the bellhousing, pull out dipstick tube (transmission will piss). Disconnect cooling lines (transmission/cooling lines might piss). Use a flywheel wrench (or go the front of the motor), turn the crank until you can get to the torque converter bolts. Rotate to get to all the torque converter bolt. Find a large crowbar to pry the transmission bellhousing and use the jackscrews or transmission jack to lower transmission.

Am I missing anything?

Oh yeah, you might want some safety glasses and air tools.

3. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Yep, forgot something.

Disconnect the shift linkages for the transmission and transfer case, the TV cable, and the speedo output from the tcase tailshaft. :)

4. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Don't forget the TV cable, I've forgotten that one a few times now...