Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer keeps dieing

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sburk340, Aug 25, 2003.

1. sburk340

sburk340 Registered Member

I have a 84 blazer with a 305 bored out in it, with a four barrel carb. It starts right up and will run fine for a few miles, then coming to a stop or when i'm just coasting it dies. As long as i realize it and don't keep giving it gas, it usually starts back up. Any suggestions on what this could be would help a lot. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Check the choke and idle.

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif85K5 3/4ton,14boltFF,10bolt,9"lift, 35"boggers,16.5x14 welds, big horse 406SBC/700R4

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Have you spent any time under the hood and determined if it's an electrical or a gas issue? It kinda sounds to me like your truck is getting too much gas, especially if feathering the pedal keeps the motor from stalling out. Your problem could be a sticky choke or a sticky needle/seat. Does it matter if the air temperature is hot or cold?