Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer lift opinions/help wanted

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bunker Buster, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Bunker Buster

Bunker Buster Registered Member

I have just about gathered everything I need for the lift for Buster(M1009), except shocks. Those will come next week. I'm lifting the truck to clear 35/12.5/15's. For the front I have Tuff Country 4" lift springs with 1" Zero Rates. On the rear, we are doing a shadetree shackle flip and keeping the stock springs. I understand that the flip should net 4" of lift. My question is how much should I lift the rear to keep it level? With the diesel, and stock springs all the way around, it sits level if not a little a$$ high, which is not typical for a Blazer.

I am a stickler for doing things right the first time around. So would I be better off lifting the rear the same 5" or going 6-7"? To get 5", I would do the flip+Zero Rate. Otherwise, I was thinking about a flip+drop shackle to get an additional 2". I'll also be using shims to keep the pinion angles correct front and rear.

Thanks for the help.

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I can only tell from my experiance - 5" springs in the front and 4' shackle flip + zero rate in the rear. It sat level before the lift.

Rear sags just a little without a load and a lot once the truck is loaded. I am going to boost my rear another 2" or so with either booster springs or new springs altogether. Every truck is different, but mine needs a little extra in the back.