Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer Lift?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bret73, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Bret73

Bret73 Registered Member

I just bought a '90 blazer which sits on stock suspension and wheels which I would like to lift. I trying to decide between 4" lift with 33"x12.50" or a 2.5" system with 33"x10.50" on the stock aluminum wheels. My local shop recomends dropping the transfercase to correct pinion angles with a 4" lift, is this necessary? How will that effect the shift linkage, and engine mounts? I'm thinking about a Skyjacker lift, I had 4" softride springs on my last truck,a 3/4 ton 72 with 35s and liked them alot. I want to maintain close to factory ride, and don't really want to throw anything on the truck out of whack. The goal is to accomodate 33" for increased ground clearance,(and improved stance) it won't be doing any heavy wheeling just enough to get me to my fav fishing holes. Does anybody have any tips or know of any advantages of going with a more mild lift (or disadvantages with the 4"), I'd appreciate any comments.

Thanks!