Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer neglect

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hi pinion, Jul 13, 2005.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Ok :D , ive had my blazer parked for 2 months now,,, mabey 3 months,i just havent had the time latetly. My question is, how long before stuff starts frezzing up,,etc? Seals going dry etc??? :smile1: Like a general rule of thumb, of how often to start it up and what not? :)

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I'm anal , I'd do it every other day , as a matter of fact I need to go get gas for the Chevelle now since I ran it dry :D

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Yeah,,and??? :D

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I drive mine on weekends.

5. Boondocks

Boondocks 1/2 ton status

My K5 is at my parents house on the other side of the country from me. My dad drives it for me once or twice a month.

Everything is well with it the couple of times a year I get to drive it. Although, my visits usually include upgrading something on it. :D

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I know how ya feel. My 82 Jimmy has been sitting in my garden for the last 2-3 years. It doesn't have a drivetrain(eng/tranny/tcase) and the floors are pretty shot... Maybe someday I will get to it.

As long as you keep starting up your K5 every so often you should be ok...

7. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

rule of thumb 1mo for 15 min imo

8. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

I know how you feel. I have a perfect '89 that I bought last october, drove it for 2 months and then started modifying it and have maybe driven it 50 miles since then. I have the time to work on it, I just dont have the money to buy the rest of the parts I need to finish it like front and rear gears and a detroit for the rear plus labor for install since I have never done gears and I dont want to mess them up. Then I need new front and rear drive shafts and a few other small things. It kills me though since I have already put about $4k into off road parts so far and have not been able to test them out :mad: But anyway back to your question, I just start mine and run it as often as I can, I figure it cant hurt? I have already burnt 1/2 tank of gas jsut putsing around my yard :doah: