Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer parts?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blue72K5, Jun 23, 2001.

1. blue72K5

blue72K5 Newbie

Hello all, I just purchased a 72 Blazer. I am in need of a few things. Who is the best aftermarket company for weather stripping? I also need a new handle for my rear hatch. Would like to find a rear spare tire mount also. Does anyone have a set of sun visors and mounting hardware? Thanks for the help! Kaleb, Ft. Collins.

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

lmctruck.com
    chevyduty.com
    americanclassic.com

I got my weather strip from chevyduty, it's good except for the front channel that goes on the door big window.
    as for the rear hatch, try a hardware store and look at their garage door handles. very similar and cheap replacement. as for the tire mount, you looking for inside(i've seen them ~$30) or outside(i've seen them ~$120). the sun visors are treasures are hidden away and waiting to be found. make sure you get the blazer not the truck visors. the mounting h/w is not the same.

good luck and welcome you'll find plenty of friendly and knowledable(sp) people here,

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

3. Ryan_B

Ryan_B Registered Member

As for the rear hatch handle...
    I dont know how I found out, maybe from someone on this board, but if you go to :

http://www.castruckparts.com/

They have the rear hatch handle with the lock and key for like 20 bucks!!! I'm sure you guys will be happy to hear that.
    Because I went to a couple of locksmiths to have it re-keyed and they all wanted 50+ dollars to do it.
    Hope this helps you all.

4. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

5. 69TowRig

69TowRig 1/2 ton status

That rocks. I thought I would never find that hatch handle! Thank you, ordering it right now!

6. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Or if you become a member you can post up in the wanted sections and find some used parts in the for sale section. ;)

7. 69TowRig

69TowRig 1/2 ton status

I have been a member since January when I bought my '69. Just piecing things together one at a time, ran across this ancient thread and went "A HA! Sweet!" I had just changed out all the other lock cylinders on the Blazer last weekend.

8. 69TowRig

69TowRig 1/2 ton status

Just an FYI now that I've "Been there, Done that."

The handle Cast Truck Parts sells is not styled even remotely like the OEM one and is $20.

I was at Northern Tool & Equipment yesterday and found a T-handle very close to what I had originally for $9. I didn't buy it since I had already wasted three times the money on the one I ordered.

Go figure.

9. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

You mean this one? Nice find, and it does look very similar, but the only thing I don't like about it is the cheap looking key. Bet I could open that up with a couple paper clips faster than you could with the key. :grin:

10. gaspass

gaspass 1/2 ton status

LMC truck should have the rubbers you seek. As for the handle, good luck. There is a late 70's Blazer in a local wrecking yard here in S.E. Idaho that has a spare tire carrier that looks identical to the stock spare tire carrier on my '72. The wrecking yard is called Baileys and is in Pocatello. I would suggest an aftermarket carrier though. There are some real nice ones out there.

11. 69TowRig

69TowRig 1/2 ton status

The one from Cast Truck Parts is even cheaper looking, and I paid more than twice as much after shipping. The handle is slightly smaller too. I'm a dissatisfied customer at the moment.

BTW, for the post above, this thread is 4 years old, I'm sure he found the weatherstip by now.