Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer Passenger Seat Rear Floor Mount

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rudycentral, Jul 29, 2005.

1. rudycentral

rudycentral Registered Member

Does anyone know of where I could pick up the Passenger Seat Rear floor mount that the seat latches to so it does not flip forward. I will take one in any condition. The PO decided I did not need that and it was missing when I bought it. Please reply with any info that you may have on a part like this.
    It would also be great if ya'll could post a picture of this too, maybe I could have a frient fabricate one for me.

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

The latching mechanism should be on the passenger seat itself.... A lever, knob and a small, spring loaded latching pin.

The part that bolts to the floor is nothing more than a square bracket with a hole in the top for that pin to drop into. You should be able to find two threaded holes in the floor where the bracket normally bolts down to.

I may have a pic somewhere in my gallery pages....

3. rudycentral

rudycentral Registered Member

I could not find the picture in your gallery. Could you please point me to it if you can find it.

If anyone can just snap a picture of the bracket and post it for me that would be great.

4. jims505

jims505 Registered Member

Floor mount pics from 1972 Jimmy

jimmy015.jpg

jimmy017.jpg

jimmy016.jpg

5. jims505

One more

Side view hole goes thru both sides.

JIMMY018.jpg

6. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

This is the same at least through '74, fwiw. I may have an extra one, but it's just 1.5" or so wide strap bent into a square with some holes drilled in it. The top one is presumably the centering mechanism, as it's kinda countersunk ... but anyway, should be easy to make.

If you get stuck, lemme know (dremu@yahoo.com) and I can get you measurements from the one in my truck and/or go dig in my shed and see if I have an extra.

-- A

7. jims505

Top Hole

You're right . The top hole is countersunk,there is a rubber bushing on the centering pin to prevent squeaks.The side holes are for the locking pin.