Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer Plastic model

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Brocky, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

2. jk3078

jk3078 1/2 ton status

Yea, another project, just what I need! Do ya think I could get this one ''done'' on time or under budget?:confused: :haha: :haha: :haha:

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

It would end up costint $950.00, you would be able to sell it for $15 and it would never really be finished.

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah I'd have to buy 3 other pickup models to take parts off of, and it would sit on blocks up on the bookshelf for months waiting for more $$$:D

5. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

From an old post on these:

am building that model now. Out of the box it has about a 8 inch lift and very wide axles. There is a guy selling resin hoods and rear roofs for this model. http://www.resincasttrucks.com/parts.html

If you are good a custom/scratch building this can be built to look like a 76-91. The hard part has been building a 81-87 front grill.

The grill is no a straight swap. The 84 GMC 'Fall Guy' pickup is 1/25 and the Mad Mudder is 1/24. I have both models, plus a few others I bought to rob parts from. I used a 1970 malibu for the 454 engine and seats. I have a 1976 Blazer model that will be built stock, that I have used a reference on modding the Mad Mudder. I have used resin to cast both front grills to build one that is close to the 85 front clip I am putting on my truck. I plan on building the Mad Mudder as my 79 K5 will be built. It is also a test bed for the paint color I am planning. All of the models I am using or old and no longer available (except for Ebay) other than the Mad Mudder and the 84 GMC Pickup. I even found a set of scale 36" Super Swampers.

[​IMG]

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

blazer body 76-79 body.

old electric slot car body on a set of lego tires and lego blocks to get the lift. good thing its not street worthy as the front lift blocks are a no no.:doah:

blazer.jpg

blazer 001.jpg

blazer 002.jpg

7. badfish4tail

badfish4tail 1/2 ton status

Now my son wants one:p:

8. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

I was bidding on one last week but it was a Sheriffs Blazer and I believe it was a 79. close enough to 78 for me. But I didnt know I could get the resin hoods and roofs. Hmmm....

9. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

I just checked the link and its not working so I did a little more research and found this:

Owner of Resin Cast Trucks dies in car accident

the following is an excerpt from local paper
    Author: SHARI SANGER Evening Sun Reporter
    Date: May 18, 2005
    Publication: Evening Sun, The (Hanover, PA)

A 37-year-old Gardners man was killed Tuesday morning when his car swerved for unknown reasons and hit a box truck head-on on Route 394 in Straban Township.

Timothy L. Sheeley of 1551 Upper Bermudian Road was driving a maroon Mercury Cougar east in the 1200 block of Shrivers Corner Road at 8:22 a.m. when he swerved into the westbound lane and collided head-on with a truck hauling plywood, according to Trooper Victor Woerner with state police at Gettysburg.
    www.resincasttrucks.com is closed at this time[​IMG]

10. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

i modified that kit to my own liking

[​IMG]