Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer price????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by loudandproud, Aug 3, 2000.

1. loudandproud

loudandproud 1/2 ton status

I saw a blazer for sale today and I thought the price was way to high. It was a '91 blazer 350, 32x12" tires, 139k miles, everything is stock. There is no rust anywhere on the vehicle, and the underneath is in great condition. There are a few minor scratches in the paint in places, and the tailgate looks real good. There aren't any lugnuts on the wheels they are just held on by regular nuts. The guy is asking $8650 for it. I think that it is way too high for it. But he went and got it from Oklahoma and brought it up to Minnesota, so I can see paying a little extra for it. What are some things that I could bring up to talk down the price. Thanks

2. JF 89K5

JF 89K5 Registered Member

One thing I would bring up are the amount of miles. Is it on the original engine/tranny, if so, mention that those are items you might need to replace. With that many miles that does seem a lot. I used to live in MN, so I know that rust free is definatly hard to come by. I would shop around see if you can find any better bargans. Make him sit on it a little.

3. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

too much....with that high of miles, the engine and tranny will need to be replaced sooner or later...worth about 6 grand @ most... in my opinion

4. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

I'd say $5500 to $6000 is about right.

5. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Dude, $4000 max. Say, high mileage, that engine could go anytime soon. Tranny, if never been rebuilt will go reallyyyy soon, you could say that. scratches from paint will knock off a few bucks. look at tires, see if balding or not, look for any rust everywhere. under carpet, rear near the tail gate, under the seats, etc. They hide very well. If you see any, you could knock off a few more bucks. Good luck.
    Boss

6. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

My opinion is that you're better off just offering what you can afford. Don't waste time arguing over minor things, just so the he can knock off a couple hundred bucks. If you're confortable giving him let's say $5500, then just tell him, "hey this is all I can afford and I really don't care to spend anymore than that." There are other Blazers out there so don't be affraid to walk away, especially if he's looking for a sucker.

7. loudandproud

loudandproud 1/2 ton status

I think I might be willing to go at most $5500 for the thing. I think it will be hard to talk this guy down.

8. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

You also shouldnt have to pay for his trip to Oaklahoma. If he wants to drive all over the country buying vehicles, then let him pay for that. So dont let him jack the price up cause he got it from Oaklahoma.

9. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

I think I'd want to be in the $5-6K range but remember my K5 brethern, this WAS THE LAST YEAR of the rig we know & love. Production Total: 7,332, lowest (I believe) of any year, making '91's pretty rare in my book. And, rust free-wow.

I'd ask big maintenance related questions, how frequent was tranny oil+filter, engine oil+filter, differential fluid, brake fluid, cooling system etc. serviced? If he can't prove solid PMI, then whatz been said about engine & tranny are true: their days are numbered.
    <font color=red>David, '86 K5</font color=red>

10. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Does any on think i paid to much. I paid 10,000 for a 91 with 80K miles, 4 in lift, new 33 mud kings, push bar, NO RUST (it will know that i stated that), 6 rancho shocks, GREAT inside and out, New pant, all working windows, all tented windows, one owner, lift was done less then 8000 miles, no frame cracks, two battery systems, and other stuff?

Pics comming soon

11. Boss

I wouldn't say you paid to much for yours wakeboarder, but to be honest, to me, that sounds like a $7K truck at the most. But it really does sound like a sweet truck. Wish mine was half as nice is yours. Oh, and the 4" lift,...rear blocks or springs? If blocks, then cheaper. If new springs, then you know he did the lift right and not just put the lift for striclty looks. I know, I know, my truck have rear blocks now, but not for long, after this weekend it won't.
    Boss

12. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info. I got mine at a New Car lot in Kansas, they where asking 16K for it. However, I took it to a person that has had a K5 for a good 8 years, and he stated that it was worth about 11K. I did trust his input and i dont regret the by. I have always wanted on of these and Know i have one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Hey Boss,
    What are you going to do to the rear lift ?

14. Boss

Executioner,
    This weekend, I'm ditching the rear blocks for an ORD shackle flip. I actually tried to start last night, had 1 hour to work on it, and couldn't even get the skit plate under my gas tank off. Then it started pouring rain, so I quit. Anyways, that's what I'm doing. After the weekend when finished, I'll let yall know how the ride is.
    Boss

15. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I guess my only input would be this. What are you going to to with the truck. Are you going to be wheeling hard, light or not much at all? If you were like me when I bought mine I knew tht it was going to be transformed into a rockcrawler, so I was more worried about mech. sound, no rust, and fuel injection. I held out for a long time and ended up with exactly the truck I wanted. An 89 (TBI) with no frills at all except ac. So Just Take your time. If you plan on hardcore wheeling it then I might think twice about that high a price. HAVE A NICE DAY!

89 w/DANA 60-Corp 14 w/5:13s n Detroit's. 4"lift 2" body. AtlassII . Spray in liner.