Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

blazer rear seat/suburban 3rd seat

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 3car, Jul 28, 2003.

1. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

are these the same?

2. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Dimensionally they are the same. The difference is in the mounting and across years. Most K5's had vinyl-backed seats, where many subs were full-cloth. The 3rd seats I've seen were hook only with no bolts. I know that up through the mid-80's K5's had bolt + hook rear seats, but I am suspicios that the late model ones (pre-IFS) had hook only as well. These may be interchangeable with the sub 3rd seats.

I have always wondered about this, too. It shouldn't be too hard to adapt one to the other.

3. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My experience is they are not the same. I have an 87 K5 back seat in my garage right now as well as a 77 Suburban rear seat. I have put a late model Suburban (84) folding seat in to the 77 Suburban (made bracket that fit on top of the floor). I am currently putting a 90 suburban rear seat into my 78 Suburban (purchased brackets from ebay that fit into the floor like original). Last time I measured there were slight differences in the Suburban and the Blazer seats. I think you could cram a Suburban seat into a K5 but it would be rubbing the inner rear fender wells. And of course putting a K5 seat into a Suburban would leave more of a gap between the side walls and the seat then original. IMHO

4. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

thanks guys.i switched my interior from blue to grey,and i have a sub with a perfect grey seat,but i havent been able to check it out well.i have a perfect blue vinal blazer rear seat if anyone is looking.looks like it was never sat in.

5. BIGBIRD

BIGBIRD Registered Member

I'm interested in your rear seat if it is still available. How much would you need for it ? Where are you located.