Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer rear tank into a shortbed pickup

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ambritmann, Jun 22, 2002.

1. ambritmann

ambritmann Registered Member

Has anyone fitted a Blazer rear tank into a shortbed frame ? <font color="blue"> </font color>

2. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

Do you want to put in back under the frame or in the bed?To put it under the frame you will need to fab mounts to hang the straps from.And run longer fuel line.Along with mounting the filler tube.

3. muddevils

muddevils Registered Member

a guy in our club put one in the back of his truck (under the bed) he used the stock blazer crossmember and then he welded them in. it took him all about 45 minutes. i would make one suggestion, you might want to use the 24 gal. tank instead of the 32, the 32 gal. hangs down alittle more and if you have a soft suspension the rear diff. housing will hit the bottom of the tank, and one more, you will want to put a skid plate on it. you can modify the ones that come stock in the blazer to fit tighter against the 24 gal. tank. the one thing you have to think about after all the work is done you wont have to worry about the side saddle bombs getting all tore up.

4. I have been thinking about this for a while now because I have dual 18g tanks in my K20 and I want to put a fuel cell in the bed so I can get a set of rock sliders. How hard is it to do with a fuel cell in the bed? What about going from dual tanks to a single? Thanks -80K20