Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer removable hard top on a 91 burban

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tyco91burban, Mar 13, 2005.

1. tyco91burban

tyco91burban Registered Member

Is it possable to get one off a junk blazer and graft it on my burban. I sure its been asked but any info will help as I am finishing the planning stages of my build. Also i have barn doors can it be changed to the tailgate style that the blazer uses.

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

it can be done.. i asked the same a couple yrs ago... there are 1 or 2 on here.. sorry, i didn't save the pics... one was a primer black one..

i don't have firsthand knowledge on a barndoor swap, but i would suspect that wouldn't be too hard.. hinge and striker assemblys and a tailgate i would think..

i've actually contemplated the other way.. ditching the gate and going barndoor on my K5.. the only real issue in my mind would be ditching the upper frame... doable, i think... probably be looking at custom glass and tracks tho..

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i saved these from on here . but sadly it has been totaled from what i read. and i saw the pic of it and didnt save it. do a search in the garage i think.

Burban-like.jpg

Burban-like2.jpg

4. mudhound72

mudhound72 1/2 ton status

I have also kicked around doing this same thing for my new tow rig, but installing the back of a truck cab behind the door and installing a goose neck ball in the back, and also while I am at it I would be at it install my dulley axal :D