Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer sale down to the wire..............need opinions - UPDATE

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BurbinOR, Nov 17, 2002.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Here's the deal.

First guy has looked at it three times now...........over the past month............it's for his son.............17 year old Sandy High student..............nice folks...............love everything about it but can't make a decision to pull the trigger.............after driving it last night I KNOW he wants it...............he has the money, guaranteed. Owns a local nursery and has driven three different hot rods over to my house............ /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Second guy lives out in Alsea (towards the coast range)............has NOT seen the truck but a good friend of his has inspected it (mechanic) thoroughly and advised him to BUY THE DAMN THING...............so he'll pay full price but with one minor catch.................wants to put $1000 down now and pay me the rest in a month when he gets an inheritance...................can prove the money is coming..............so am I out of line to say this - I'll take the $1K, I keep the truck (that was never a question with this guy), and keep it in the Truck Trader, but telling potential buyers it is most likely sold (and take their number in case it falls through)...............and have it in writing that if he backs out I keep part of the deposit (maybe $100?).............am I out of line?

Waiting the month is not an issue, I am in no hurry to sell and have the S15 Jimmy to drive.

Let me know your thoughts..............I'd rather sell it to the guy in Alsea since I won't have to see it around here.............. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

OK, the deal is done, he paid me the cash deposit in person half an hour ago, loved the truck, had no problem with the non-refundable portion of the deal, proved he has the money coming in (wow, hope I get an inheritance like that someday), so the deal is theoretically done! Should have the rest of the money within 10 days, then the K5 goes bye bye............. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks for the opinions............ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif You guys are da greatest!

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: Blazer sale down to the wire..............need opinions

No you are not out of line by saying that. The other guy (from Sandy) hasn't even given you any indication for a sale and you already have one good buyer. So in my opinion, I'd go with the Alsea area guy. Good luck...and also, there is still that 88 lifted burb behind my place that is still for sale /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

What are the specs on that '88? Most importantly, is it 3/4 ton? Second most important is barn doors, I do NOT want a tailgate. If so, I am interested...........gonna start shopping as soon as this deal is done. Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

your time ought to be worth somethin, i would think that if ya wrote up a contract to that effect and both of ya signed it the guy wouldnt have a bitch if he backed out in a month or didnt follow through, good luck any way ya go

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Frank, I will try and get you the info on it later today.

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Pm'ed you about that burb.

7. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

not out of line a bit. in fact if you really want to know if he is serious, tell him you keep the grand if the deal goes bad. lot a bucks in your rig, gotta weed through those who are serious and those who are talkers. just my opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

8. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Just another note on my earlier reply. When I bought my burb, I did the same thing the Alsea area guy wants to do. I put a $1000 down and gave him the rest when my taxes came in and I gave him the price he was asking just for being nice enough to sit on it for me. But like you also said, you need to put it in writing that if the deal falls through, you keep part of the deposit for the possible loss of other deals. Just my .02 cents.

9. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

When I sell big expencive things, like trucks. Even if its a week I take a NON refundable upto $500. I write it up as such, we both sign it and there it is done. You can't be a slave to any Joe that walks up. Its not only not out of line to ask for that, its expeted. You have to think of it as a business would. Hope that helps you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Sounds fair to me...
    Jim

11. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

no you are not out of line /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif i would rather se it go to someone other than a teenage kid /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif like you said pick an amount and put it in wrighting as non refundable deposit /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

12. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

HEHE do what i did....

Keep telling everyone about all t4eh work you've done to it and then you'll decide to keep it...

like i did...

13. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

You are not out of line to say the deposit is 100% NON-REFUNDABLE for holding it and passing up other serious buyers. Last time I put a vehicle up for sale I had someone leave a deposit and they didnt follow after telling other serious buyers it was sold... But put it in writing with and both parties should sign it. Also set a deadline for final payment. And just incase the unexpected happens and his money is delayed you may offer to extend the hold if he puts more money on the truck...

14. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Agreed with Kenny...

I recently almost sold my k5 to a guy who was goin to put 500 down and pay the rest in december.. i told him non-refundable, he doesnt get any par tof the truck till fully paid...

He decided to get a newer one... and I decided not to sell /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So no your not out of line!

15. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

congrats and good luck with your new project /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif