Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer seats into K10?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85scottsdale, Jan 18, 2004.

1. 85scottsdale

85scottsdale 1/2 ton status

Anyone done this mod? I'm getting a set from a blazer and going to put them in my pickup. I think its a pretty easy modification and only requires modifing the brackets a little on the buckets. Anyone have pictures of this if they have done it? I am interested to see what had to be done.

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

There's a big difference in the floor profile between a K5 and a pickup. The pickup floor is raised to accomodate the saddle tanks. The K5 floor is flat.

My experience is using regular-cab buckets in a bench-seat crewcab. I had to fabricate stuff for 3 out of 4 mounting points for each seat /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If I were to do it again (or do the swap you're doing), I'd try mid-80s-to-95 Chevy van seat tracks. They're very compact height-wise (only ~1" tall) so you would just have to install them the way you want over the fuel tank hump, and the K5 bucket should bolt right on.