Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer Seats

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by reecem, Jul 18, 2006.

1. reecem

reecem Registered Member

Has anyone tried to install 99-06 suburban 3rd row seats in an old blazer? If so got any tips.

I am looking at getting some 99-06 font leather so I can have shoulder belts but would also like to get the matching rear 3rd row for the kids in the back.

Thanks

2. ABLAZN

ABLAZN Registered Member

I am doing the same switch right now on my 1970 Blazer for the same reason. The fronts just needed the holes redrilled and they bolted right in. Some of the holes hit on a cross member, so you will need to cut a little for clearance for the bolt. Also, you will want to use a front set that does not have electric on the passenger side. That way the seat will slide forward with a pull of a lever and you will not need to wait to run the power seat forward when the kids need to get in the back. My front set came from a 2004 C2500 extended cab, so they were built to let people in the back, but it still does not slide as far forward as the original Blazer seats. I am getting my rear 3rd row seat on Friday, so I will be able to tell you more then. I did measure a set from a 2002 Suburan, and size wise, they are a perfect fit. The seats clamp in, so you may need to get the mounting boxes from the donor rig that you get the seat from. There is a guy on ebay that sells a mounting kit that might work as well.

3. reecem

reecem Registered Member

Mine is a 1971 Blazer and I have just started looking into this. If you can please send photos once you are done fronts and or backs. The prices of used seats seem really unreasonable but I am trying on ebay.
    Are you building or going to build a platform in the back for the bench to raise it up or put it right on the floor.

Thanks for the info.
    Reece

4. ABLAZN

ABLAZN Registered Member

You are not kidding about the price of those seats. I was lucky on the front set. They cost me $475 which included the center console in grey cloth. The rear seat was purchased from ebay for $275 plus shippng ($188). As far as mounting the rear seat goes, I plan on mounting them to the floor if I can. The seat height is the same as the stock Blazer seats at 8 inches. That is a little low for an adult, but will be great for the kids. Also, I do not want to get the seating position to tall. That way it will keep the level of the passangers heads below the roll bar.

5. reecem

reecem Registered Member

One other thing, where did you get the mounting plates for the rear seat? I found the old style on ebay 96-99 but not the new. If you know the ebay store or any details please let me know.

Thanks

6. ABLAZN

ABLAZN Registered Member

7. reecem

reecem Registered Member

Cool, thanks for the tips. Gotta finish my hardtop and then rollbars first so I probably wont get to it until the fall. If you have any pictures when you are dont please fire them off to me

reece_merry@yahoo.com

Thanks