Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

blazer seats

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by the excuse, Dec 15, 2003.

1. the excuse

the excuse 1/2 ton status

i was just wondering but would seats out of a new tahoe, suburban, silverado, bolt into my 83 blazer? will they be the right height or will i have to jimmy it ito working? whats the easiest way to get new seats in and not have to fab up some crazy seat mount?

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Well if you measured and it will fit into the cab. Then the easiest way to fit different seats is to use the mounts from donor vehicle and drill new holes in the floorpan. I have van seats with armrests in my 83 blazer, taller and more supportive as well as had lumbar adjustment. Just simply bolted them with throughbolts into my blazer. Now if you got a rollcage in the future ( i want one ) then the best way is to run extra points to the cage where the seats are and bolt seats to rollcage.

3. the excuse

the excuse 1/2 ton status

do you think i would need to make some sort of a mount to raise the seats up more or would the factory bracetry be high enough? just asking because im begining to look into seating.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

You can make almost any seat work for you. You just need to fab up some adaptor brackets. I plan on Captin swivel seats from a conversion van. You know, the big plush comffy ones.

5. Big_B_Murphy

Big_B_Murphy 1/2 ton status

There are a lot of seats out there that you can make work. I put the seats out of a 95 Chevy S10 onto my existing 85K5 brackets and only had to drill a couple of new holes. They look great and are a lot more comfortable than the OE seats. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    It is also great to have the ability to adjust the seatback angle. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

6. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have seen this done before on a 86 blazer with new silverado seats. The only thing that didn't work was the mounts(easy fix). I plan on doing the same to mine but if you have a roll cage check to make sure the center hoop will not hit the integrated seat belts.