Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

blazer smokes a lot

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Dec 20, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

my blazer smokes like a train and im not sure if its buring oil or needs rings or what. when i start it up it smokes so bad it fills the garage..(with the door open..and back door open to) like crazy! i let it sit for like 10 minutes running and it doesnt let up..i finally have to shut it of! anyone got any ideas...or is the engine just crap...(most likly with this truck...everything else is!)

2. dbltapp

dbltapp 1/2 ton status

What color is the smoke? White=coolent, Blue=Oil, Black=fuel, as a rule. If it just blows blue smoke on start up, and for a little while later, most likley it is valves, uick fix with umbrella seals, I don't suggest them cause it is only a temp fix. That's my take, most of these folks have a lot more exprience than me, so wait and see if you get more replys.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

it is white smoke. so what do you mean coolant? do i need more...would that help? im telling you the smoke this thing poures out is crazy...i couldnt even drive it to school like this!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Did this just start recently? If it is white smoke, it is definately coolant. The smoke is coming out the exhaust, right? If so, you are getting coolant in the combustion chamber, which equates to a blown head gasket, or a cracked head. Hope this helps.

John

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hah. oh yay! yea its coming out the exhaust..right wear it exits. just smokes and smokes and smokes. all white. ill talk to my dad about it...damn thats a pretty big job to...and no its been doing it ever since i got it. it came out of another blazer i have..and when i bought that blazer it smoked..we put it in this one, and it smokes really bad. but its always been white smoke.

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

quit looking at it as a big job and look at it as a learning experiance.
    If you do it yourself it's not expensive really. probably do the whole job for just for around $100 in parts. Blown head gasket is real obvious once the head is off. If you don't spot where it's blown then start looking at a cracked head. They cylinder/cylinders where the coolant is getting in will be cleaner than the rest.

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

its not so much the engine problem im pissed about..its the whole truck over all lol. talk about learning from your mistakes! but thanx for the help..maybe ill get around to lookin at it sometime..