Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer soft tops????????????????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by badmix, Sep 9, 2006.

1. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

I didnt see any threads or pic gallery of anyone on here with these. Im pretty interested in maybe goin this route, but wanted some real world experience with these.

I like the idea of weight savings from yanking the hard top. The 2 points that kinda bug me is rain/weather protection and security. Obviously security is compromised by a easy access soft top. What about rain/weather, are they pretty good at keeping crap out?

Also are they noisy, ORD says they arent, but they are selling the product so they are goin to be positive about it all. But id like to hear some real world experience from ppl that have them.

If there is a thread or gallery with soft top K5s Id luv to see it. If you can post pics here that would be cool (please dont link from Ck5, Im not a member yet so I cant view them, thanks)

2. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

i had a soft top on my k5 for a while but it was given to me second hand so i cant say alot it would get some water leaking in if you were driving in a hard rain but other than that it was'nt that bad.

i did talk to a guy at the store a few months ago that got one from, he said k-line tops is who he got it from but he said it was quite and did not leak.

it had the dark windows and looked really nice.

3. jp0863

jp0863 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Had mine for almost a year now and i love it. i only get a little leak at the rear window when we get a heavy rain, but not enough to bother me cuz i dont have carpet. it is fairly quiet as soft tops go, not as quiet as a hard top, but you CAN have a conversation without yelling at your passenger.

Picture 035.jpg

4. destinbeachman

destinbeachman 1/2 ton status

I have a STC Fastrac on my '70 and it 's pretty kickass.Doesn't leak at all and isn't that noisy.You have the option of running safari style with just the top and without sides.The back window rolls up or zips out.The dark windows look great too.Took a while to get it set up right but now I love it.There is a thread in the 67-72 section with a lot of pics.

5. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

I've got a Snap Top version of the STC on my '76. I'm not certain how many models they have. Mine is older, and the three sides roll up rather than zip out.

Mine has worked out really well, no leaks and it isn't any louder than with the hard top, though I have no carpet or padding so road noise is more of an issue than wind noise.

6. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Some pics...

Top Down.jpg

Top Up.jpg

New Crop 049.jpg

7. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the pics, but unless they are embedded into the post I cant see them. Im not a paying member yet. someday , but not yet, so cant view pics.

Still debating it, I carry alot of camping gear and one concern was if I stack gear high, it wont be supported by anything other than the aluminum tubing that holds the top up, so that wont work. If I go soft top I may go with a cage and that would give some support for gear to lean against if I stack it high.