Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

blazer soft tops

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by aj_johnson, Aug 3, 2003.

1. aj_johnson

aj_johnson Registered Member

I am looking for a soft top or a bikini top for my 73 blazer. I found one that looks sort of like the original, covers the whole thing, but that isn't what I'm looking for. I really want to get a bikini top, but can't find one anywhere!!!
    Also, do they make the half-cab conversions for the 73-75 blazers? if so. where?!?!?!?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I almost bought a half cab conversion for a 1975 blazer I had from the Glasstite truck cap company about 10 years ago,not sure if they are still around.It was over 500 bucks back then!.I ended up with a 78 blazer that had the steel roof over your head and I made a back wall out of a boneyard truck cab,complete with slider window that bolted on with the original cap bolts for 75 bucks--I used weatherstripping to seal it up and it was real nice in the winter--smaller passenger compartment == much more heat!!The salt and snow didnt do much for the carpeting and sheet metal bed floor though--its now in blazer heaven, /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gifbut the drivetrain lives on in another vehicle. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. aj_johnson

aj_johnson Registered Member

z3pr... those tops that your link points to are the ones i've seen... hose aren't what I want, I want something more along the lines of a bikini top..

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

It's that or bestop. Nobobody else makes them. No Bikini is available .
    http://www.coloradok5.com/stcreview.shtml

You can run the fasttrac in Safari style by removing the windows. It's about as close as your going to get short of having it made.