Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer stalled, will not start

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PolarBear, Aug 8, 2003.

1. PolarBear

PolarBear Registered Member

I was driving down the street today and she just stalled. I could not get her to start back up. Pulled off the air filter and looked at the inkectors. They are just sputtering when it turns over. She would almost start and then, no more fuel. I thought it was the fuel pump, so I dropped the tank and replaced it with a new fuel screen.
    After all of that, the situation is still the same. It seems like she wants to start, but then nothing. The injectors are still just sputtering. I am at a loss... Any ideas??? Thanks.

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Does it have an inline filter somewhere? Normally along the frame rail under the cab

3. PolarBear

I checked that as well. It was replaced 8000 miles ago and seemed OK. I disconnected the fuel line at the TBI and there seemed to be plenty of fuel there.

4. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

I had a problem like that, changed filters, even bought a new fuel pump. turned out it was a blown fuse that caused the switch to go into "neutral" between left and right tanks.

5. PolarBear

I only have one fuel tank so swithing between them isn't a problem :-)

6. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Fuel pump... thats where my money is if the FUSE checks ok. I've had 3 different TBI'd Chevys' do that to me! The last one I changed in my Burb (with a FULL tank of gas) only took 3.5hrs! IIRC, the pump was $39 @ AutoZone... so its not that pricy to repair either.

Good luck with it!

-Dan

7. PolarBear

I have checked the fuses. All are OK. As I stated in the original post, I just replaced the pump, and the symptoms are the same. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I thought it was the fuel pump, so I dropped the tank and replaced it with a new fuel screen.
    After all of that, the situation is still the same. It seems like she wants to start, but then nothing. The injectors are still just sputtering. I am at a loss... Any ideas??? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't read where you said the pump was replaced... just the "fuel screen." /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

-Dan

9. ZK5

ZK5 1/2 ton status

CHECK THE IGNITION MODULE. mine left me stranded 1 day

10. foxman

foxman 1/2 ton status

I secoend the module, some auto parts stores will test them for free. Module is lcated in the base of the distributor. Might want to replace the pick-up coil while you are in there, it can cause the module to go bad prematurely. it is farily innexpensive. Good Luck.

Jeremy

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I'm with the Dist module crowd too. Pull it and take it to a auto parts store.I know Napa and Checker will test them for free. They are cheap to replace.
    On some FId trucks if the module is bad it will also shut off the fuel so you dont flood it out.

12. PolarBear

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I have been at Lake Powell. I checked the Ignition Module at Autozone and it was fine. It ended up being the pick-up coil. Thanks a million. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif