Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BLAZER stolen!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dave_90_blazer, Feb 18, 2004.

1. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

BLAZER was stolen from in front of my house last night /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

That sucks!! Got any pic's in case someone sees it or something?

Rene

3. 85scottsdale

85scottsdale 1/2 ton status

That really pisses me off when people steal [darn]. I can tell you if anyone steals my truck their gonna get whats coming to them.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I know how you feel, someone took my original 20 year old driveshaft off in 2003 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That really sucks /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif sorry to hear about it bro, good luck finding it.

7. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

that s_cks. b_stards.

I park mine in driveway and park my dd in the street but blocking access to driveway. They would have to move the cheap dd to get my beloved. Also, got a dog that barks at
    a man with a cane two blocks away(insane hearing).

Hopefully its just some joyriders and they find it soon

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I hope they find yours soon. This is my worst nightmare when it comes to material possessions.

Tools and my truck could be the worst possible things stolen.

9. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that! It makes me mad to hear such things happening! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif This is exactly why I have an alarm with a pager! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif They have tried several times but no success in getting my rig, As soon as here my pager go off I'm out the door with gun in hand,tac light,laser and cocked and locked! Hope you find your rig in one peice!
    Bill

10. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I sleep in mine,,,, /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

thats the shits man...... hope you get it back

the only thing i like about being in the middle of a project is that my truck is usually taken apart for a couple days while im workin on it... Gives me a little piece of mind.....

how are people steeling these rigs? Hotwire? Screw driver? Keys left in the ignition?
    Im gonna rig up a switch like my buddy has on his truck that has to be flipped on before turning the Key... hide it real good and youll be good to go.

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My biggest fear really isn't losing the rig. If its all beat up they probably wont' be smart enough to take the truck, but the wheels and tires are really expensive and hard to replace.

13. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

what about your newly aquired d60?

14. 85scottsdale

85scottsdale 1/2 ton status

They sell these battery isolators with keys for that purpose. Hide it somewhere where nobody would think to look. Only problem is if you have a cd-player or something that requires a constant 12v for the memory then you would probably want to run a small seperate wire to keep it from blanking out every night.

15. atlantak-5er

atlantak-5er 1/2 ton status

I had an 87 K5 that was stolen twice. They found it both times about a week or two later. They stole my stereo, wheels, and tools. My tahoe was stolen also and I got it back about a week later same stuff stolen. Now I have a starter kill switch hidden and an alarm. Its worked so far. Hope you get it back without too much damage. The second time I didn't claim it to my insurance because it only cost me about $750 to fix it.

16. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

That really blows! [​IMG]
    Some low-life motherfuck!r tried to highjack my K5 while I was sitting at a red light two years ago. Luckily, I beat him down with a 1/2" breaker bar. The next truck he tries to steal better have a wheel chair ramp... [​IMG]

17. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

jeez, now that I have a blazer that looks good again I should do some thing before this happens to me, i run no top so now I am worried, on the 75 I just pull the wire harness back a inch or so from the fire wall /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

then again the 75 has no motor right now, also havig a truck that rarly starts would help this too /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

18. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

since most of the parts re-enter the 4x4 market place, I though about marking my tires on the back side with a mark that only I would be able to recognize. Why? well if they ever get stolen, I gotta believe that they will most likely show up locally so you better believe I will be checking..also if we put out a ck5 alert all of us could discretly check others wheels now and then /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

The problem is that NONE OF US WOULD TURN DOWN A GREAT DEAL ON PARTS. If someone offered you a set of 40's swampers in near new condition for $200 bucks, you WOULD take them /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif(me too)and you would not ask questions. this is what drives the thieves.

19. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

RECOVERED!!!!!

I am going to try to get it from the impopund yard tomorrow

the officer on the phone said no damage(other then column)

20. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

too f'n cool /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif