Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer Stuck In 4wd Low And Won't Come Out

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudslinger99, Dec 10, 2005.

1. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

A friend of the wifes has a 92 S-10 Blazer that is stuck in 4 low and it won't go back in to 2wd drive.. So how do you get it to disengage to go back in 2wd drive if the the button doesn't want to cooperate ?

Is there something I can disconnect that will reset it back to 2wd so it's drivable or does this thing have an adjustment or what part has to be replaced ?

It has worked fine up until today so I know it's got to be a simple problem.. I have seen a couple threads on here where somebody else had a similar problem but the search is not pulling them up.

It has the push button electronic shift and when you push it to go back in 2wd it blinks and you can here it clicking in the area of the glove box like normal but instead of the light turning green to go back in 2wd it flashes and goes back to yellow which is 4 low.. I tried driving it and going from drive to reverse several times thinking that might help but it's still in 4 low.. It would make more sense if it wouldn't go in to 4wd than going in and not coming out.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

proboly the shift motor. need to pop the front shaft out and remove 3 bolts 10 mm and 1 wire plug 8 mm bolt hold in. and remove motor assbly and then you can move the shaft. all i know on them. only reason i know this is just replaced one the other day at work.

3. stockbox

stockbox Registered Member

stuck in 4-low

I Had A 98 Jimmy With The Push Button 4wd And The Tranny Had To Be In Neutral In Order To Go From 4lo To 4 Hi Etc.

4. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

I have tried all the standard stuff like that already.