Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

blazer top

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Heavymetal, Oct 29, 2001.

1. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If someone with a 76 or later blazer has the time, could you measure the bottom edge of your removable top from the cab to the rear. Once again I am mulling over the possibility of a removable top burb. I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Mike.

77' 3/4 ton Burb, 400cu, sm465, np205, 14boltff, dana44, 4.10s, 35in BFG's.

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

The big problem your going to have is roofline. Burbs high top as they go from fronts doors to back doors. Idealy you would want to cut off the top of the bed rails and the back of the cab has the part to graft in. The body lines should agree for the most part but the spare tire well may be an issue. The roof would have to be redone and dropped down to meet the K5 top to make it look right.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

3. WinnipegK5

WinnipegK5 Registered Member

I measured my roof and it is 70" wide and 70" long all dimensions are outside to outside. Also the lip that sits on the truck box is 3" wide. Hope this helps.

Mike
    "Winnipeg K5"