Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer top

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5chevy, Sep 8, 2002.

1. k5chevy

k5chevy Newbie

Does anyone know a vendor that sells a "bikini" top for first generation Blazers? I am in the process of cutting the top off of my 79 and adding a cage and lights. Need a short top for it.

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well first Gen is 69-72. Second Gen is 73-91. Roof line on the first gen is not the same as the 73 up. Course that doesn't matter because nothing is made for either.
    I have proposed to Specialty top to make one but as of yet they have not put anything out.
    You can make one for pretty cheap. I used a canvas tarp from Northern tool and a snap kit and made a top that worked for a while. A few other members have made tops for other vehicles work. The widest windshield frame is on the Toyota FJ40. J.C. Whitney sell a top for about $35 and a track for another $25. I don't know of anybody that has tried that top yet so not sure it would work.
    Welcome to CK5

3. Tice

Tice Registered Member

try any uhpolstery shop they can probaly make you one. i made one for my 79, but an uhpolstery shop should be albe to. don't expect it to be cheap though.