Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer vs Burban rear window

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Metrodps, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

OK just spent an hour looking I know we talked about this before.

1. Are the rear (tailgate) windows the same?

2. Has anyone ever seen a factory dark tinted rear one. It has the little holes like the flag ones do but this is different. I will get a picture in daytime and post it.

[​IMG]

2. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

I dont know what year this is but this rear window of this burban goes higher than the k5s..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Shrug...
    the first 2 are higher.
    must be up till around 82 that they were higher? I have no idea.. that 88 is same height but the 82 (rusted white one) is higher.

3. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

It is supposed to be from a Blazer but I have never seen a factory Blazer window tinted like it. Then again I have never seen one with the electric rear window defogger either but I know they did offer them in the Blazer.

I will get some pics in daylight and also the glass maker printing off it. Figure the Brain trust should have some answers. Strange this time I am the one asking..... :o :o :o :haha:

4. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

Looks like the dark window ya posted looks a little small for a k5 tailgate but then again im not there in person, and iv never had my window out but i have had the panel off.

And for having it factory tinted like that i havent seen them either, might be aftermarket tint?

Im also a bit tired am i on the same page as you are?

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Blazer and burb rear windows are different.

My 89 blazer has the dark factory tint with the preforated holes like you're talking about.

I've never seen a blazer rear window with defrost and have no idea how it could ever work with a window that rolls up and down.

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Suburbans were available with rear window defrost in the tailgate-style rigs (and also in the barn door style). I've never seen a K5 with rear window defrost. :( I never understood why they offered it on the Sub but not on the K5.

As for the main question... The glass is not interchangeable between the Sub and K5. :(

7. Canadianbuilder

Canadianbuilder Registered Member

I`ve never seen factory defrost on a blazer window either but I have seen sub windows with it and they go up and down.Factory tinted sub glass also has the perforated holes in it.Metrodps your best bet would be to call a glass shop or gm dealer and see if the part numbers are the same for sub and blazer tailgate glass.