Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer went up in flames.... well damn near

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Aug 30, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

welding my rear axle for fun cause the 10 bolt is trashed. Moved around under the tight truck(needs a lift), and tapped the tank. Instant holes ince I had it at like 185 amps and instant flames in my face. Buddy and I pushed it out of the garage into the rain then hosed it and fire extinguished it out. nothing ever goes well for me. My mom is bitching telling me to sell the damn k5 and keep my 2500. I told her I hate my 2500 its no fun and the blazer is at least fun. She said well save money and get something you really want. She doesn't get that what I would get is just another k5 so whats the point of selling mine?

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about that man. Hope you are alright. I know what you mean about everything not going right when you try to do something to your truck. Good luck with it though!

Kris

3. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifWHOA! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Careful with that there welder. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    You're still lucky you have a face to catch on fire...
    Anyway keep the K5 you know you'll miss it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I wasn't just refering to the truck, been a rough summer in every respect. I stopped and looked at a 96 Tacoma on the way home from picking up my 2500, guy wants 9k(way too much). I would miss the blazer but I should get something else.

5. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

wow now... take it easy that fire must of scared you really bad, I THINK you just said your thinking of getting rid of a K5 to get a TOY? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I know I sadly said it. I stopped and looked at another one. I like toys(like K5s more but yeah). Was thinking I could put my newly aquired 14 bolt and dana 44 under it(not sure if the front woudl work out but yeah).

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Sounds to me like you need to step back and re-evaluate your choices in like.

Not a personal slam, but didn't you buy the 2500 because it would be more reliable or something? (I read the post awhile back) You were going to sell the K5. Then you weren't. When the 2500 gave you problems, you talked about selling it. Now you cause a problem on your K5, and want to sell it again, and buy something ELSE.

I kind of feel like I'm unique (I've already picked out/own the two vehicles I will drive/wrench on the rest of my life) but you need to slow down and evaluate what you REALLY want. Jumping from vehicle to vehicle without being happy, or first finishing one up/getting one running right, is expensive, and not really productive. Especially if you already know you like a vehicle you own.

If you don't see yourself owning something in 5 years, why would you keep it?

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I am keeping the blazer. I'm an extremely angry person and when something pisses me off the gut reaction is to get as far away from it as I can(selling a vehicle). My 2500 is out in the front yard for sale and I am driving the K5. It needs major work and I wish it didn't but it does so yaeh. Soon as the 2500 is gone the Blazer gets parked for 3 months and I am doing ALL the work plus some. The last reaction of selling the K5 wasn't really me. Every person I know and knows whats happened wtih the K5 IMMEDIATELY says SELL IT. My mom especially. She hates my K5 with a passion. When I got it and was done all the work I took her out and let her drive ti just to prove its not a giant beast thats gonna roll over. She always thinks its just that.(wait till its 7" lift and 37s /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) And yes I bought the 2500 for reliability but I've found its just no fun. There is no way I am wheeling it for sure. Everytime I hear mud or a tiny stone hit the body I get pissed and go wash it. The k5 is caked in mud right now. I will wash it soon just so the underside is clean for work efforts. I am gonna do what I should have instead of buying the 2500, aka completely overhaul the K5.

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i dunno how old you are but i know your young. i am..17..and ive been there. ask a lot of the people on here when i first came on..and had my k5. it was a bucket of rust that didnt run. i cant count how many times ive gone back and forth..selling..not selling..selling..not..then i bought my truck and granted its had its problems but over all its been a great truck so far and i love it. with these trucks..you just have to expect problems. there older. but the work isnt to terrible..mostly just keeping up with the old wearing parts.i STILL have that k5..just moved it in the backyard today..and i am going to fix it. might take a while but i AM going to get that thing on the road. you just have to commit urself.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

18 here. And I agree witht he old wear and tear. When I got my K5 it was a rust bucket. Its still rusty but manageable. I will repair a little more rust while I am working on it. As of right now the only things in the engine compartment not replaced are, radiator, alternator, power steering pump, power steering box, steering shaft, and blower motor. So guess what? all but the steering box, and pump are being replaced. I am gonna put steering braces in though. Getting the 208 rebuilt(or maybe go 205/203), new axles. Only things that will really be stock when I'm done is the main tub and the transmission.

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well it sounds liek u got your wokr cut out for you. im just going ot get my truck running enough to drive and on the road for shits ang gigles. i just have ot get a starter for it and some cables..put some trans cooler lines in..fill everything back up with fluid and finish putting the steering column in and i can start it again...then i got to weld in a tailpan of some sort and patch up the floors to make them usuable...then shell be good to go. make a good beater.

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

its not all that much work. all I really need is, some interior stuff, bench seat, new carpet(have), new dash, gauges, sound system, axles(have), insulation, suspension stuff, steering stuff, tires, rims, alternator, 4 core radiator, electric fans, mufflers, piping, and thats about it. It will cost me a good chunk but I think its worth it.

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

its not all that much work. all I really need is, some interior stuff, bench seat, new carpet(have), new dash, gauges, sound system, axles(have), insulation, suspension stuff, steering stuff, tires, rims, alternator, 4 core radiator, electric fans, mufflers, piping, and thats about it. It will cost me a good chunk but I think its worth it.