Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

blazer with a front pto winch?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mcinfantry, Apr 12, 2005.

1. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

i want to build a k5 blazer. how hard is it to run a front pto winch? i already have the nv4500 and forward/reverse pto, just need to know can it be done off a nv4500? or do i have to run it from the transfer case?

i tried a search and so far am unsuccessful in finding out my answer

2. mr_beer

mr_beer 1/2 ton status

I have a front mounted pto winch on my k10. I robbed the winch and driveshafts off a parts blazer I bought. The winch is not in the center of the bumper but a few inches to the left. The driveshaft has 4 u-joints in it and it is a very tight fit. I run my pto from the t-case and use the transmission to run the forward and reverse. my pto is a single speed with no reverse.

My pto is not on the truck at the moment because of a trans/tranfers swap, but you're welcome to take a drive out here and take a look. I still have the winch and driveshaft all on the truck, just the pto is off.

I hope this helps, if you have any more questions let me know and I will do my best to help you out. :thumb:

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

i'm definatly interested...any chances you could snap a pic or two? I'm curious is off the tranny will leave too extreme of an angle?

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

do thet make a pto box for the nv4500?
    if not you'll have to go to your t case, like my 205 box (not in yet)

5. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

they make tons of pto's for the nv4500. a two direction pto is what i have now, but may sell it with the truck

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

thats cool.
    i am going to run mine rear and electric front.

hope your plans work out