Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer wont sell

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Tuskadero, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Tuskadero

Tuskadero Registered Member

Hello everyone, I had to drop the price of my Blazer in the last months addition of Truck Trader to $ 7,000. I didn't get a call all month. I'm going to drop it down again next month to $6,800. I know it is worth way over $7,000, but no one seems to want to pay that price. What do some of you guys think I should set the price at. It is a 1989 Silverado Blazer 350 automatic, power everything, ac, tilt steering, Grant Steering Wheel, 4" lift, 35" BFG Mudders, Alcoa Rims, Dough MC Thorley Headers, Flomaster Exhaust, Rancho 9,000 SHocks all around, Racho dual steering stabalizer, Keen wood 10 disk changer. The paint is still looks good interior is in good condition too. THe motor is original with 165,000 miles on her. So, what do you guys think?

Heather

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

5 dolla....

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Well BB, you seem to attract the most 'negative' attention to these boards, so, not to insult you, I bought my Blazer this past Friday for $1500!!! [​IMG]

Without even seeing pictures of your K5, and of you, too, how can anybody get an idea what it looks like? Words are not a good enough description.

BTW, I can top tRusty's bid............6 dolla!!!!!! [​IMG]

<font color=blue>"Ya don't have to beat it, ya know!!!</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy</a>

4. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Honestly, I'd value it at about $5000. Vehicles like this are always worth more to you than they are to the people who are buying. One of the big negatives that I see is that prospective buyers are probably adding the cost of an engine swap to their cost. An engine with that many miles isn't something that I'd trust to last for a long time if I were looking to buy.

73K-5: TBI350/TH-400/NP-203/14FF/D44
    Topless, doorless and no tailgate!
    Fresno, CA

5. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

I would pay that,if I could afford a gasser.Here one guy was asking the same price from the -85 diesel Blazer.

I'm too lazy to stick shift,that's why I prefer autotranny.

6. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

i took me close to 3 months to sell my stock 1972. put it in ever local paper. for a while i thought i gave out the wrong number cause i was not getting any calls. It sounds like a good price, but the engine is a little on the hi mileage side. People don't want to deal with that at times. my 2 centavos...

good luck,

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

7. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

5 dolla.....? LMFAO!!!! And you make me holla!!
    7000 is too much. You will only be able to get close to the blue book for it, no matter what mods you've done. Less someones parents have the cash to buy it out right for their 16 yeard old that just got his/her license. No stereo typing intended on the last sentence

Just say no to crack(s)
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

8. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

I know the feeling.I'm trying to sell my car lots of times,but there are way too many of that same model for sale.I tell you this,if I ever get rid of that thing,I wont ever buy another Japanese passenger car.Ever!

I'm too lazy to stick shift,that's why I prefer autotranny.

9. LittleJimmy

LittleJimmy 1/2 ton status

Exactly. I would stay somewere around blue book value. Or you will be driving that rig a lot longer than you think....No one wants to pay again for the extras you added....

10. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

I think 5000 may be a little high with that mileage. Ive seen a 91 here in Augusta for 4500. It was in really good shape and in stock condition. I would have gotten that one had I not found my 73(for 1000), I love the full removable top.

"If it aint broke don't fix it" is like a 4 letter word.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.phatboy.alloffroad.com>PhatBoy.AllOffRoad.com </a>

11. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

And another problem is with something that old it is hard getting a loan for that kind of money. Just because it might be worth $7000 does not mean you will get that for it. Plus with gas prices the way they are people are getting away from the gas guzzlers and getting econo cars. BTW I bought my 89 Jimmy this year which was fully loaded and stock for $3500.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

12. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

The Kelly blue book says it is worth around 4500. Maby all the mods will add another 500-1000.So It is worth around 5000-5500 max. Many people shy away from buying modified and lifted trucks for fear thay are buying somebody else's problems.
    Sorry but that is life in the used car world. You can pick up high milage 89 blazers all day long for 3500. I see them all the time. All the modifications in the world wont make it worth that much more.
    I payed way over 7000 for my 89 Blazer. But it only had 50,000 miles on it. It was in showroom stock condition. and owned buy a older fella who took excelent care of it and it had never seen much offroad. I looked for over a year in two states to find a K5 in that condition. Those are the kind of deals most people are looking for and will pay top dollar for.
    Modified and lifted trucks are a dime a dozen and there is not a huge market for them.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Thunder on 08/20/01 11:42 AM.</FONT></P>

13. Tuskadero

Tuskadero Registered Member

I just submitted my truck in KellyBlue Book, It said $4,700. That really sucks because I bought it for $10,000 two in a half years ago and since then have probably put over $ 4,000 into it. Now you know why I want somthing new, I might as well trade it in for that price.

Heather
    P.S. I could care less about the negative feedback I get on here, the people that give it need to chill

14. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Dropping the price $200 probably won't attract much attention. Drop it to $4500 and it will probably get more calls. If you're lucky you'll get half of what you put into it. Most people won't pay much more just because mods have been done. Also that Is a bit higher mileage than I like to see on an engine when I'm shopping for a car. If you've got receipts for maintenance, oil-changes, etc that may help lessen the negative impact on potential buyers. You may eventually sell it for $6000 but that time is likely several months to a year in the future.

In the meantime I'll be Rene's bid of 5 dollah and offer you $5.50 :)

-Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

15. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I got a ? for you.
    Why don't you just keep it? If you had it 2 1/2 years and put that much into why would you want to sell it? It just seems kinda stupid to me unless you can't afford it.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

16. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

If you're gonna take such a bath on it I'd just keep it...you said yourself its in great shape. Why waste even more money on something thats gonna depreciate 30% just driving it off the lot? Worse yet is the way the new crap is built...

But if you want to have a $500 a month payment for a cookie cutter piece of plastic engineered to fail then knock yerself out...or sell it to me for $7...[​IMG]

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

17. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

The best way to see what your vehicle is worth is not to look in the blue book or any other pricing guide. None of that matters if someone isn't willing to pay it. And buying price can vary dramatically based on location.

So, the best way to determine your vehicles value is to scan your local classifieds. try to find somethign as close to what you are selling as you can. That's the best way to know what yours is worth. That means a lot of your mods may become irrelevant. Sorry. But that's how it works.

Your mods may make it easier to sell compared to someone else's truck and they may cause the buyer to pay a little bit more than they would for some other truck, but they won't make a significant impact on the selling price of the vehicle. Ask anyone that has installed an in-ground pool and then tried to sell the house. Last one I did cost $30,000 to install but only impacted the value of the house by about $4,000 one year later!

Brian
    Click to see <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com> My 85 Jimmy </a>
    Is it a bad thing when my reality check bounces?

18. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

$6.00 [​IMG]

DONT SWEAT THE PETTY STUFF,JUST PET THE SWEATY STUFF<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

19. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

part it out!!! I'll take the TBI!

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>Come Awn yall...Let's go to LUCHENBACH, TEXAS!!!
    </font color=red>

20. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

Have you thought about returning it to stock? Sell the lift and the tires and wheels take the winch off and sell it. You can pick up some cheap chrome wheels, or find a set of factory replacements, get some cheap 31's and sell the blazer for 4500 and sell the parts for 1500-2000. Then you get the money you want out of it, it may take longer but some times patience pays off.

"If it aint broke don't fix it" is like a 4 letter word.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.phatboy.alloffroad.com>PhatBoy.AllOffRoad.com </a>