Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer wont start

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lak2004, Feb 16, 2007.

1. lak2004

lak2004 1/2 ton status

Ok so since I bought my Blazer I have had a few problems with it starting occasionally. It is getting plenty of fuel and i just did the spark plugs, I bought a new cap and rotor and plug wires but I havent had time to do them yet. It will crank and crank but not start, it wont even try to start so it seems like its not getting a good spark. What should I check after I do the cap and rotor and wires? Timing I am guessing, but is there anything else. Specs are 350 with edelbrock carb and intake manifold, in line fuel filter, just put in a new red top optima and new 100amp summit alternator. Thanks

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Well, are you actually GETTING spark? You don't have to change any of the items you bought to check that, but it possible one of those items is the culprit if you DON'T have spark.

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Yeah, you can get a cool little test light that plugs inline with one of your plug wires. You can see it light up if there's spark. Or just use the spark to frame method. Real easy thing to check.

Start with the easy stuff make sure fuel squirts out when you move the throttle linkage and make sure you've got spark at the plugs.

4. lak2004

lak2004 1/2 ton status

Figured it out I think its the fuel pump so turns out I just thought there was enough fuel. Now I have to put a new brake line on :doah: . Ha funny story friend was pulling me to my house with chain i couldnt stop because of ice so i ran into the back of him and the chain looped around my axle and tore the front brake line off the drivers side caliper. OOps. Of course no damage beside that. The looks we got from people who saw were pretty damn funny :D