Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazerfest is in the books........UPDATE on carnage

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

One member flipped in tank trap today after most everyone was gone. There is video, no injuries.

It was flipping A-1 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifhot during the day, so there was more water being drank than beer. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Wheeling in the 4WOR Super Duty complete with leather seats and A/C is strait up high dawg pimp'in. Just be prepared to Dukes of Hazzard it if you're riding shotgun, the door mechanism is all f'ed up. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Not only is riding in the ORD buggy fun and doesn't beat y'all to pieces, Stephen Watson is one of the nicest guys on this planet.

No official vehicle count yet, but 50 should be in the neighborhood.

Kudos to RyanB and GoKarterGo for doing their part in repairing the riffs between the US and Germany with the quick lessons to the German tourists that showed up on Friday. There was video taken and hopefully we will have a link in the future /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It was /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif hot!!!!!!!

Last, but not least. It doesn't matter how stock you are, a tow strap is always a good thing to pack. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

One member flipped in tank trap today after most everyone was gone. There is video, no injuries.

It was flipping A-1 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifhot during the day, so there was more water being drank than beer. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Wheeling in the 4WOR Super Duty complete with leather seats and A/C is strait up high dawg pimp'in. Just be prepared to Dukes of Hazzard it if you're riding shotgun, the door mechanism is all f'ed up. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Not only is riding in the ORD buggy fun and doesn't beat y'all to pieces, Stephen Watson is one of the nicest guys on this planet.

No official vehicle count yet, but 50 should be in the neighborhood.

Kudos to RyanB and GoKarterGo for doing their part in repairing the riffs between the US and Germany with the quick lessons to the German tourists that showed up on Friday. There was video taken and hopefully we will have a link in the future /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It was /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif hot!!!!!!!

Last, but not least. It doesn't matter how stock you are, a tow strap is always a good thing to pack. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    No rollovers that were part of the club/event to my knowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um after you left Tony...73k5Tony510 rolled on his side with no injuries..And thanks go out to Mr.Watson himself for pulling tony back over...What a stand up guy.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Read the update Wank Puller /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Wheeling in the 4WOR Super Duty complete with leather seats and A/C is strait up high dawg pimp'in. Just be prepared to Dukes of Hazzard it if you're riding shotgun, the door mechanism is all f'ed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean that David Kennedy showed up? I was just reading his update in the magazine on the Super Duty. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Isn't the suspension on that thing just freakin' amazing? It's so soft that the front bumper rises several inches when he just shifts from neutral to drive. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif And yep, Stephen is one incredibly nice guy! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Does this mean that David Kennedy showed up? I was just reading his update in the magazine on the Super Duty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. I rode with him for a couple hours following willyswanter around the hills. Kind of sucked that they had to depend on me to navigate since I get lost in a paper sack. That truck get's a triple wide approval from me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Isn't the suspension on that thing just freakin' amazing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Prior experience really clued me in on what the ride was like, just had to do it so I could say I did it. Unfortunately I had to go tell Frizzlefry his truck rides like a rock afterwards /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Yup. I rode with him for a couple hours following willyswanter around the hills. Kind of sucked that they had to depend on me to navigate since I get lost in a paper sack. That truck get's a triple wide approval from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, my truck is 3 feet longer and I didn't hit a tree at least /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif That was one of the biggest high points of my whole trip, just crusing with him and you behind me through the hills /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Oh and I must admit that Doc Watson is a great guy, I spent alot of the day with him yesterday and today, he even left his extinguisher with Tony when he left in case there were any problems /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. And in light of my recent tie-rod re-arranging my credit card numbers are getting faxed to the good doctor again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey, my truck is 3 feet longer and I didn't hit a tree at least

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, but he's not paying the repair bills for the damage /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Of course they could at least fix the passenger's door. That would of been a good pic when I had to exit ala Dukes of Hazzard.

8. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Willyswanter is also getting a article in Petersons about his truck....Possible cover shot. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif Shaggy and I both rode along for the photo shoot. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Willyswanter is also getting a article in Petersons about his truck....Possible cover shot. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif Shaggy and I both rode along for the photo shoot. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And you're still a wanker /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And you're still a wanker /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

When we were riding back to Hollister Hills today after going to Dans place.....Do you know what you did to my blood pressure with your grandma-like driving? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Gaaawd daaaaamn dude! It's the pedal on the right...... [​IMG]

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Gaaawd daaaaamn dude! It's the pedal on the right......

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey now!!!!! I was having to practice fuel conservation since I didn't want to have to stop 20 miles from home to put in 3 gallons just to make it home. Got home just under 1/8th of a tank. And besides, I didn't have to ride with Mike to and from Hollister /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Is anyone still up there today (Monday)?

13. willyswanter

I think Dan and Tweaker were staying through today.

14. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm off work all week - I ma thinking of going back except for my $#$%*(* power steering probs. GRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

15. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I came home last night.. I am waiting for a phone call from the tow company and then heading back out there.. Tweaker and Iceman are still there.. They where going to stay there untill 12:00...

16. willyswanter

So what happened with the truck Dan? My tranny started puking fluid half way home /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif But I think it's just the pan gasket...

17. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Well I bent up my tie-rod and Dan (gokartergo) was nice enough to give me his spare (that he even needed).

I then went to Pismo and had dinner with Tori and a friend that goes to Cal Poly SOL...

Then went tooling around in the dunes with Matt (baby blue). The Carnage was good just like always /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. He broke a front half shaft as well as an ear off of the axle housing of his 96 3500 GMC.

IFS Sucks!