Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazers, topless, rain

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lochenjons, Nov 26, 2006.

1. lochenjons

lochenjons 1/2 ton status

So I've had the hardtop off my truck for ahwile and I never want to go back to taht thing. But since every so often it does end up raining here in CA I got a skyler soft top off ebay and made my own mounting brackets cause it didnt come with them (it was supposed to but whatever). Anyway now the softtop snt holding up so well. It was perfect thru the first few rains but now its leaking. And it doesnt look like something I can fix, it almost looks like it's coming thru the threads where the cab meets the bed and everwhere in between. What are all you doing for rain for your k5's? I'm thinking of just making everything inside water proof. Already bedlinered the cab and bed so really the only thing that can get wet that I dont want to get wet are the speakers and the seats, everything else i can take out or do something. It's either that or get a new soft top or get one made that's about the same dimmensions as the one I have now or put the hardtop back on or ?? Oh yeah, its gotta be cheap...REAL cheap

2. jeff101

jeff101 Registered Member

A nice fitting tarp and a few bungees works good, plus it stores away easy and they are cheap and come in different colors. Just had to throw that one out there.
    Later, JEFF

3. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

funny you bring this up cause i was just thinking about this this morning. I'm gonna have a car cover built for mine. I want it to just cover the same area as the hard top would. I was gonna build a cage to the back of the rig anyway so this is my plan. I hate the hard tops.
    Then when you go for a drive you just unsnap or bungy a couple places and go.

4. lochenjons

lochenjons 1/2 ton status

A cover for the whole thing? so im guessing you wouldnt be driving in the rain then. I mostly ride my motorcycle when its sunny and drive the truck in the rain and when i need to carry stuff. I would love to be able to do something like that tho. I think I'm gonna end up putting the hardtop back on for a little bit anyways. Heading up to hollister hills this weekend and it better not rain then cause I'm going topless for sure

5. RAY

RAY 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Have you tried seam sealer on the threads. I have used to the seal the stiching on my tent. Just a thought.

Ray

6. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

7. k5'er

k5'er Registered Member

/\
    l
    l
    LMAO!

You could always sell your skyler top to me.