Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazers/trucks at a carshow

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '73 K5, Jul 16, 2000.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Just got back from a really cool carshow tonight. About 750 cars there. And 10-15 trucks. It just makes me sick. I don't know whats wrong with these guys. One of the trucks had lift blocks on the front axle! 3 of the trucks had over 40 inch tall tires and all had 10 bolts! So many shocks and steering stabilizers that they would sink a ship. All had huge block lifts. And wind visors, bug deflectors, headlight covers, blackouts, lightbars, flags, and other Western Auto stuff everywhere. They put so much crap on their trucks they don't even look good anymore. Its sad, but the toughest truck there was a Ford on 44's because it actually had a Dana 60 and Ford 10.25 inch axles. I just feel like the only guy that would rather buy some new axle shafts than a set of nerf bars. OK the last thing that sucks is the fact that 99% of people think those trucks are really hardcore just because they are tall. Whatever, I'm going to bed. Anyone agree???

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

2. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I agree with you !
    Tired of the "all show", "no go" crap.
    I think I might want to lower my 4x4 and put ultra wide wheels on it.. just kidding !!

It's better to Have IT than to not need it, Than to Need it and NOT HAVE IT !!!!

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Oh man you have struck a chord with me. I paid 15$ for me and my wife to go to world of wheels and it was a bunch of crap. The only cool trucks belonged to an off road club and they were trail beaten, mostly HEEPS anyway. We need to do a K5 ride across america! I hate the punks with lowered acura's...Kand N filtercharger and supertrap exhaust..I smoke their a$$es in my blazer! My Licensplate (after the transformation) may read
    4N H8R..get it

4. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

How about....8A4NR
    heh

5. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

6. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

You go Dawg, Im Going with K30BLZR...I will make a bumper sticker badmouthing rice boys...

7. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I have to admit that the Ford that 73K5 is talking about is pretty bad ass!! The thing is just gorgeous and it's bulletproof. I know that he's putting down the "Ground Pounders." They are the ones that have all the 10 bolts and 40" tires. I'm probably going to end up in the club or start my own with my friends. If I start my own, we are probably going to call it the "Playboy Mudders" and we would have the Playboy Bunny either painter on the tops or stickers on the window. Either way, I'd probably be happy. Hey 73K5, if I join the "Ground Pounders," are you going to knock my sh!t?! HAHA JK

Alex
    [​IMG]What me get stuck? NEVER!![​IMG]

8. CruisinK5

CruisinK5 1/2 ton status

I can't stand them stupid ?ss foreign cars that pull up beside me and rev their little coffee can exhaust up. I have put my blazer in shows, but mine is certainly not all show and no go. I can trail-blaze with the best of them. Every now and then I wash the mud off, throw on a coat off wax, and go show.

"Have you driven over a ford lately?"

9. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Come on Alex. Why would I make fun of you when you join the groundpounders. I already do! hahahaha
    Just don't go any bigger than 35's until you rob a bank and get some big axles.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

10. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

We all dont have trucks that we paid $500 for and dont care if we roll them.

And we dont all have the money to buy the good stuff, however, if you want to look bad, BE BAD!!!

big Cox