Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BlazzinOR, what type of FI intake did u install?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Alex, Oct 11, 2001.

1. Alex

Alex Registered Member

BlazzinOR, I couldn't help but notice your FI intake. What type/model/year is it? I may want to do the same on my '91. Seems like a sweet and effective set-up. Also, did you run into any modifications/alterations that you had to fabricate or was it just a bolt on? Thanks in advance.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

That's not just an intake, it's a complete Tuned Port Fuel Injection system from a Corvette, Firebird, or Camaro. You can't just "bolt it on" to another engine. You also have to install the correct wiring harness, engine sensors, fuel system plumbing, fuel pump, etc. Those long intake runners make awesome bottom end torque! [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Harry is right on (as usual [​IMG]). This particular system is off a '90 model year IROC. The entire hardware is a 'system', from the intake up through the runners and plenum. It is a very good way to go in my opinion (but what else would you expect me to say [​IMG]). Seriously, these TPI units are a great way to go FI, as you can get the top end hardware off an awful lot of cars (IROCs, Z28's, Caprices, Vettes) and there are a lot of websites/businesses that specialize in making these things scream. Ebay usually has a good bit of TPI stuff, and other Camaro-specific web bulletin boards are a good source of parts and tech info. www.tpis.com or www.jagsthatrun.com, and there are others. Plus there are a few guys on this board that are extremely knowledgeable about these things, more so than me. Get a book on TPI swapping also. TPI Swappers Guide by John Baechtel is what I have and it is pretty good. Haven't seen others so not sure which is the best. I suggest going to that CamaroZ28 site and ask some questions of them guys, as well as calling the other FI sites I listed.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>