Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bleeding abs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bushmaster, Jun 8, 2003.

1. bushmaster

bushmaster 1/2 ton status

replaced rear wheel cylinders in a 93 2500 and cant get rears to bleed not getting any pressure at bleaders truck has abs system think proportion valve maybe stuck any sugestions? thanks

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

crack the lines and let them gravity bleed.. may help... if anything, bleed the master a couple shots, then the valve... then the cylinders..

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Oh, you mean ABS as in brakes!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I thought you were telling us that you were bleeding from your abdomen.........

Sorry, brother- I couldn't resist!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Shouldn't be related to the ABS system, the system is in the "open" mode.

The Prop/Combo valve prolly clicked on ya', is the Red Brake Warrning Light on ? If it is, than the combo valve shut the rear lines off.

Try bleeding the front lines, it might reset the valve. Or you might be able to crack the line (with pressure applied) on the front-out-bound side of the valve.
    or
    There is a plunger on the side of the valve, I think you hold the plunger "out", or maybe it's, prevent the valve from moveing at all... I don't remember, it's been awhile since I've delt with those.

Anyway, you need to reset the valve, one way or another.

5. bushmaster

bushmaster 1/2 ton status

yes warning light is on bled fronts hild pin in on combo valve. still nothing any othes suggestions to reset valve do they go bad?????